Thin shoulder / crossbody straps

TEDDYGALG

Apr 14, 2012
I own the PALERMO PM & ESTRELLA MM .... both hv the same thin straps for shoulder or cross body use .... I find these straps to be too thin for the size of the bag., especially the Estrela coz I use it for work....although I carry only what's totally necessary, it still seems too flimsy n tends to cut into my shoulder .... I hv bought several LV bags n SLGs but I m beginning to think that I hv made a mistake ... I don't find myself reaching for my LV bags when I go out ... instead I m always reaching out for my COACH bags or other cheaper brands as they are more practical n user friendly in view of various compartments /pockets inside n outside the bag, unlike LV bags which hardly ever has a pocket on the outside ... the thin straps are a real put~off too....can't understand why LV doesn't study customer needs n wants and apply them in their products.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same as I do ???

I love LV, but I agree that they could use more compartments on the inside....especially the NF. Such a huge bag, and only one inside pocket. I know that the idea was for it to be light weight, but still....
My EE Alma GM could use one more inside pocket, too (one with a zipper!) It would also be nice if my Eva had an inside pocket. Oh, well. I still adore these bags and use them, but I know what you mean about compartment space.

I love LV, but I agree that they could use more compartments on the inside....especially the NF. Such a huge bag, and only one inside pocket. I know that the idea was for it to be light weight, but still....
My EE Alma GM could use one more inside pocket, too (one with a zipper!) It would also be nice if my Eva had an inside pocket. Oh, well. I still adore these bags and use them, but I know what you mean about compartment space.

I agree with you 100% with the NF needing more pockets/compartments..I just bought a GM and not sure if I want to keep it since I was hoping for more pockets than the one zipped..That being said, I suppose more pockets and compartments means a higher price? I have a cabas rivington and love it but disappointed it only has one zipped pocket but I still love it and use it quite a bit...I just get used to some of my other purses that have a cell phone holder and open pocket.

I own the PALERMO PM & ESTRELLA MM .... both hv the same thin straps for shoulder or cross body use .... I find these straps to be too thin for the size of the bag., especially the Estrela coz I use it for work....although I carry only what's totally necessary, it still seems too flimsy n tends to cut into my shoulder .... I hv bought several LV bags n SLGs but I m beginning to think that I hv made a mistake ... I don't find myself reaching for my LV bags when I go out ... instead I m always reaching out for my COACH bags or other cheaper brands as they are more practical n user friendly in view of various compartments /pockets inside n outside the bag, unlike LV bags which hardly ever has a pocket on the outside ... the thin straps are a real put~off too....can't understand why LV doesn't study customer needs n wants and apply them in their products.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same as I do ???
I see where you are coming from. One of the things I liked about my Coach purses was that it had several pockets to use inside. Not asking for 10 pockets inside LV purses but geeez more than one would be nice. I agree the thin straps would hurt or become bothersome at some point.

Have you thought about using the keepall strap on your palermo and estrela? It is much more thicker and more comfortable than the one's that come with those bag's.
many of their bags are not so practical but I easily make do with them i.e a purse organizer helps to keep everything in order and the lack of pockets doesn't bother me anymore. Actually, I've learned to be more organized when I got my first Lv because of the lack of pockets, I learnt to keep everything in pouchettes and little bags within my bags, I find it easier to find my stuff now whereas before, i'd just toss everything in and after a few days my bag would turn into a big mess inside.
You are right though, they should put into consideration a person's needs whilst creating a bag, thin straps are just a no no for me now and that's what put me off the brea.. big bag + thin shoulder strap = pain.

I see where you are coming from. One of the things I liked about my Coach purses was that it had several pockets to use inside. Not asking for 10 pockets inside LV purses but geeez more than one would be nice. I agree the thin straps would hurt or become bothersome at some point.

Thanks dear .... nice to know someone has the same thoughts as I do, I bought the Estrela MM on 1/1/13 , hv used it 3 days to work & i m now ready to store it in my closet, together with all my other LV products .... i really thought for months before purchasing the Estrela as i didnt want another mistake, but sure enough it is a damn mistake yet again ... i hate that it doesnt hv enough compartments / pockets, & i desperately need at least 2 pockets on the outside for handphone & stationery .... KIPLING & COACH would really serve me & my bank account better ...... SIGH ..... SIGH ....... SIGH ..... SIGH .

Have you thought about using the keepall strap on your palermo and estrela? It is much more thicker and more comfortable than the one's that come with those bag's.
many of their bags are not so practical but I easily make do with them i.e a purse organizer helps to keep everything in order and the lack of pockets doesn't bother me anymore. Actually, I've learned to be more organized when I got my first Lv because of the lack of pockets, I learnt to keep everything in pouchettes and little bags within my bags, I find it easier to find my stuff now whereas before, i'd just toss everything in and after a few days my bag would turn into a big mess inside.
You are right though, they should put into consideration a person's needs whilst creating a bag, thin straps are just a no no for me now and that's what put me off the brea.. big bag + thin shoulder strap = pain.
Hi Dear.... TQ ... i dont own a KeepAll , but i think i will use the strap from my SPEEDY B instead ... i do use several pouches to organize my things, i hv organizers for my SPEEDIES & NEVERFUL but all these do add to the weight & really kills the shoulders .... i think after spending MYR 50k on my LVs so far, i m now very ready to STOP !!!!!!! i dont enjoy any of them ... even my NEVERFUL is a real pain on my shoulders , the straps are so thin & terribly stiff, standing up 90 degrees, even though i hv used it many times .... HATE...HATE...HATE it !!!!

THANK U for understanding ..... LV can be a real pain !!!!!

I have the Palermo GM, and carried it around a conference and it was so uncomfortable to carry it cross body because of the thin strap. I really wanted a cross body so it was a real bummer.

Yep. LV needs to get its act together with regards to compartments & making their bags more comfortable. The cheaper brands have managed to do this. No I don't want to use a cheap tacky organizer with an expensive bag. I tend to only buy their bags with a flat shoulder strap like Galleria, Thames, Sully & Port.

Thanks dear .... nice to know someone has the same thoughts as I do, I bought the Estrela MM on 1/1/13 , hv used it 3 days to work & i m now ready to store it in my closet, together with all my other LV products .... i really thought for months before purchasing the Estrela as i didnt want another mistake, but sure enough it is a damn mistake yet again ... i hate that it doesnt hv enough compartments / pockets, & i desperately need at least 2 pockets on the outside for handphone & stationery .... KIPLING & COACH would really serve me & my bank account better ...... SIGH ..... SIGH ....... SIGH ..... SIGH .

I know.... so sad for both of us. :nogood:
I think there was a discussion about the number of pockets LV doesn't have and someone said LV likes to keep their insides simple (but yet their damn prices are not so simple!) My aunt works at Coach corporate so if I get some Coach stuff it has to be on sale and from her. :graucho: I do love how much pockets Coach has but hate how I can buy a $500 purse and it'll go on sale in a couple months!! That's the down side about Coach I guess.
Have you looked into the purse pocket things that most people carry inside their LVs?

I know.... so sad for both of us. :nogood:
I think there was a discussion about the number of pockets LV doesn't have and someone said LV likes to keep their insides simple (but yet their damn prices are not so simple!) My aunt works at Coach corporate so if I get some Coach stuff it has to be on sale and from her. :graucho: I do love how much pockets Coach has but hate how I can buy a $500 purse and it'll go on sale in a couple months!! That's the down side about Coach I guess.
Have you looked into the purse pocket things that most people carry inside their LVs?

So nice of u to take the time & effort to reply .... YES, i do own some purse organizers which i keep in my SPEEEDIES & NEVERFUL permanently , as they come with base shapers to keep the base from sagging .... i hv yet to find a size that will fit the ESTRELA's length & width ... I hate my NF as the thin straps really kill my shoulders ... i usually carry it handheld !!!! GOD only knows why i ventured into LV .... i guess its just the fame & hype that come with the brand .... but actually there are cheaper brands that are of much better quality & more user-friendly .... i hv recently bought an MK JET SET with several pockets inside & out & i think i will be using that for work instead ... it was nice hearing from u ....hope 2013 will be a GREAT year for u & your loved ones ... CHEERS :hugs:

I have the Palermo GM, and carried it around a conference and it was so uncomfortable to carry it cross body because of the thin strap. I really wanted a cross body so it was a real bummer.
Isnt it so silly that LV cannot see that a big bag like that must surely need a broader strap ... surely too many customers hv complained over the years but they havent made any changes ... even the longish style of the BLOOMSBURY makes me so mad ... a practical bag shoulb be more wide than high as we can only keep our stuff horizontally & not vertically ..... i guess LV will never learn now if they hadnt learnt all these years... SIGH !!!