Bad experience with Roan Shop sale purchase!

NANI1972

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 2, 2009
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my less than stellar experience buying a sale item from Roan Shop. I ordered the Moroccan LP Spike. I received them yesterday and upon taking them out of the box noticed that the soles were scuffed, had marks in them, discolored, and had lost the shine on portion of the sole where wear would occur from walking on them. I immediately took pictures and emailed them to the SA I had bought the shoes from and told her I was disappointed with the condition of the soles and asked what my options were.

On sale or not I didn't expect to get shoes with this kind of wear on the soles.

The SA forwarded the email to the OWNER and this was the response I got, which I found to be condescending and unprofessional (copied from the email he sent me):

HI XXXXX

XXXXX forwarded your email to me. I understand your concern about the condition of the sole of the shoes. I can assure you that the shoes have not been worn. You will find that the sole of that shoe will look substantially more worn upon your first wearing of the shoe and or your first trek down a street, sidewalk or parking lot. I can see that the occlusions are noticeable from your pics but due to the nature of them being on sale, those nicks are most likely from someone trying them on in our store. I wish they were smudge free and totally shiny but they are clearly not. The good news is they are new shoes and you got them for a great price. With that said, we will happily take them back for a full refund if you do not wish to keep them. We have an entirely new delivery of Louboutins with completely shiny soles (full price) and you can view those on our website or we can take pics for you and email them. Please let me or XXXXX know what you plan to do.
Thanks and Happy New Year,
Hank XXXXX

I put in the X's to mark out names. So bc they will get worn anyway and I got them for a "great price" I'm not to complain?? WTF?

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the soles.

Attachments

• image-409205324.jpg
    image-409205324.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 835
  • image-4171496559.jpg
    image-4171496559.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 637
  • image-1533405722.jpg
    image-1533405722.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 645
  • image-1849979487.jpg
    image-1849979487.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 624
I then responded with this message and sent a pic of a pair I had just recieved on sale that had no marking on them:

Dear Hank,

I have owned over thirty pairs of Louboutins so I am very well aware of the wear that occurs upon walking in a pair of Louboutins. However I have never had a pair sent to me from a store or boutique with visible scratches and indentations in them as these have. For example, i just got these shoes pictured from a boutique on sale, the soles are not marked in any way. They are pictured on the left compared to the sole of the shoe I bought from your boutique.
Perhaps someone bought the ones i purchased from your boutique and then returned them in this condition.
I understand they are one sale however that doesn't mean they should come with these marks etc on the soles.
Are you willing to provide an additional discount should I want to keep them?

Please let me know.

XXXXX

Last edited:
Yikes! I ordered the same pair from Roan but haven't received mine yet. I'll post the condition of the shoes when I receive them. I'm discouraged after hearing about your experience. Are you keeping the shoes? And....can we get a modeling shot, please :smile:?

His response:

XXXXX,
We are not able to offer a further discount. Again, we apologize for the condition but as an owner of so many of these shoes you obviously would know how they look after they have been worn. We have a hard stone floor at the front of our store (store is mostly carpeted) and assume that someone tried them on and walked onto this floor when we did not notice. Like you, we are not happy that the shoes had these markings but they are there and at this point that cannot be undone. We are sold out of those shoes and have a waiting list of people that want them. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Best,
Hank

his second response:

XXXXX,
What we can offer you is 10% off your next pair of Loubies. If you decide to keep these, just let me know which full price shoes you want and we will take 10% off.
Again my best,
Hank

Ya like I want to buy another pair of shoes from him at this point!

My response:

You can clearly see that the markings are there and that a customer unbeknownst to you has more than likely walked on a stone surface and scuffed the soles. And that you are unhappy they are there yet you expect me to me happy with the fact that I was able to buy them! I find your tone in both messages somewhat condensing about the condition of soles and what I SHOULD expect given that I own other Louboutins. The amount of wear is going to depend on what surface the person walked on, for how long, etc.
It doesn't matter whether I bought the shoes at full price or a discount,
the soles are marked and damaged!
I don't understand the reasoning behind offering me a discount on another pair of Louboutins, why not just give me an additional 10% off these.
Honestly as a customer would you be happy if you received shoes in a condition you were not expecting?? Only to be talked to in a less than flattering tone when trying to convey my grievances?

This is truly disappointing.

XXXXX

Last edited:
At the very least, they should credit you for the shipping cost. I would ask for that. Although it won't take the indentations and scratches away, it would make me feel less irritated that I received a less-than-perfect pair of new shoes.

His response:

XXXXX,
Let me apologize for the tone. We are happy to hear your grievances and discuss them with you. We are trying to give you options and choices. Above all we want you to enjoy any purchase you make from us. The fact that we are unable to offer a further discount on these shoes has nothing to do with you personally. Its only about the shoes.
To answer your question, no I would would not be excited to receive shoes in an unexpected condition. Would I keep them for a savings of almost $800, yes. Please don't take that personally either, just answering the question honestly. But as the customer, its your choice and it is my job to offer you the best choices we can offer. You may of course send them back for a full refund. You may keep them and enjoy them and know that you may have a discount on your next pair. Ideally I would like to give them to you for free and they would be completely unmarked but I cannot. So I understand your disappointment clearly and apologize again for the tone, the condition of the soles and the fact that you are even having to deal with this but I hope that we can resolve it and move forward.
Best,
Hank

So again I should just be happy I was able to buy the shoes from them! LOL

Last edited:
My response:

It seems you still do not understand the marks have nothing to do with the price of the shoes, it's the principal of the condition I received them in. I feel that an additional discount would have been appropriate in this case in order to make me happy as I do love the shoes themselves, just not the condition of the soles.
I will keep them as I do not feel like eating the cost of the shipping prices to and from me.
As far as a discount on another pair, no thanks, after this experience I will not be purchasing from your store any longer.
It's not because of the condition in which I received the shoes that led me to this decision but rather the way in which you have handled this situation and the way you have spoken to me and the lack of understanding that the condition of the soles regardless of the price is not something I expected.

Last edited:
And the last lack luster response from him:

We are sorry for the ill feelings and the disappointment but wish you only the best in 2013.

Last edited:
Sorry for the full on unleashing of the whole email convo but I wanted to share how disappointed I was with the lack of customer appreciation I was given.

I did decide to keep the shoes as at this point i doubt i will be able to find my size on sale. But it has left a bitter taste in my mouth for Roan Shop.