I offer full refunds but ....

Jacer

Hunter at heart...
O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
I always offer a full refund if a buyer returns an item to me in its original condition so I don't end up with unhappy buyers or all the PayPal claim drama but I have a buyer that contacted me about a month ago about a return, as she says it doesn’t fit, I told her to return the item to me and I'll issue a full refund once I get it.

After about 1 month I don't hear anything from her, then I get an eBay message that she returned the item and wants a full refund that same day she opens her case with PayPal.

I tell PayPal the same thing I told her, to issue a refund once the item is returned.

She then eBay emails me again saying that she "refused" the package so it was sent back to me.

Now remember this was over a month ago, the tracking number does not say it was refused and she originally said that it didn't fit, if she refused it how does she know it didn't fit?

So ladies what do you think PayPal will do? I already told them to issue a full refund if I get my item back. Will they side with me or should I just issue the refund and forget the hassle.

It was only like $30, which I would gladly give for no hassles

But I don't want to refund her without a return because I don't want her to try this with someone else because it worked once…. I don’t want to make a scammer… if you know what I mean.

She does have 100% feedback from over 3600 feedback so my first reaction would be to take her word but I really didn’t get it back and I have already contacted my post man and my local post office to see if there was something left for me and none was found…

sounds dodgy!

i would send her emails to PP saying she must have received the item cos she tried and didn't fit her and that was 1 month ago!

you will likely win the case cos for a claim to be valid, the item must be returned within 10 days. she will need to show proof of return.

and yes, it's going to be painful but like you said, you shouldn't "make" a scammer!!

Don't like what this buyer is attempting to pull..

I'd be on the phone with Paypal.. was she communicating with you via
ebay message center, if so they can read the e-mail which she says
the dress doesn't fit..

If she can't show proof the item was returned to you, you should have no problem
winning this case & she is also beyond a reasonable return period..

Paypal should not arbitrarily process the refund until you have the item back. The buyer can either provide tracking to prove it has been returned or you can vouch for the return. Since neither of these things has happened, I would say wait until the item comes back. If it is in the same condition it left, I would just refund even though her story is sketchy. If it is not, I would fight the claim.

the tracking number does not say it was refused and she originally said that it didn't fit, if she refused it how does she know it didn't fit?

So your d.c. shows as delivered?

Respond to the complaint with "d.c. shows delivery to the buyer on date - (fill in blank) at time - (fill in blank) . On date - (fill in blank) , buyer emailed me that item didn't fit and wanted to return. I informed buyer that upon receipt of the item in its original condition, I'd issue full refund. To date, although over 30 days have passed, I haven't received the returned item nor do I have a tracking number indicating that the buyer even sent it back."

Unless she can come up with a d.c. showing delivery to your zip code, the dispute should be resolved in your favor.

Did the buyer open INR or SNAD? If it is INR, you just provide tracking info to paypal showing that the item was received. If it is SNAD, respond Return for a Refund. The buyer will have to provide the tracking number showing that the item was received by you. If she does not do that, she will loose.
In addition, the buyer is committing mail fraud by refusing the package that she had opened.

Wow, why would a buyer just refuse a package and demand a refund? Like what was her reason for not even OPENING the package?

Probably that she had buyer's remorse and OP offers unconditional full refunds.

OP, by any chance was this item sent Parcel Post? Return postage is not covered for PP and refused PP packages are considered very low priority for shipping. I could see this taking a month or more around the holidays.

That said, the buyer is not allowed by eBay or PP to return a package just by refusing it. They're required to provide delivery confirmation for the return just like sellers are required to have it for the original shipment. If your buyer is claiming INR and your DC shows delivered then you will win. However, if they opened a SNAD claim (ie not the right size) they're still supposed to get DC for the return but eBay might give them a refund, anyway.

Thank you all! I feel a lot better now knowing that at least in this case PP will help me out and favor me.

Yes, she emailed all via ebay messages so I have all of those.

I sent it via first class mail, it was only like 5 oz and I offer free shipping so I try to send it of course the lowest cost there is.

She opened a SNAD so I told PP to issue a refund once the item is sent back. As of right now, she still hasn't uploaded any tracking number or anything.

My delivery tracking that it was delivered and not refused so I'm not sure what's up with all of that.