POLL: LV Artsy MM or Prada Saffiano Lux Tote in Caramel

Apr 11, 2008
I am absolutely torn between the LV Artsy and the Prada Saffiano Lux Tote, particularly in caramel. What I'm looking for is classic, clean lines and long-term durability and style. I knew this would be the best place to ask. Thoughts?

TIA for any help or advice. :biggrin:

2.jpg

image from http://princessvictoriastylo.blogspot.com

7646195702_45bb9ce4ea_b.jpg

image from ohmyvogue.com

Since you've posted on the LV site, you'll probably get more votes for the Artsy. However, I love the Saffiano tote. I just bought th bn2274 in military green, so I'm voting for the Prada.

I love LV. But I terms of what you're looking for I think the Prada is more classic and it has cleaner lines. The artsy is one of my favourite lv bags in terms of style but I don't think it's really classic. So my vote is for Prada

I love LV. But I terms of what you're looking for I think the Prada is more classic and it has cleaner lines. The artsy is one of my favourite lv bags in terms of style but I don't think it's really classic. So my vote is for Prada

I agree with the above.
I love my artsy but I think for a classic look Prada is probably a better bet. I think the mono makes it a little more casual......although I find the Artsy classic I think for a cleaner look Prada is what you are looking for...good luck with your decision!

My fav color is Cameo. I saw one at Neiman Marcus and I just couldn't buy after close inspection. I would check for stitching and clean glazings. It's worth mentioning, the Artsy in Monogram do have cracking issues at the top. I would get it in Empreinte.
I heard about these issues and will be sure to do so. Thank you for reminding me. Considering the $ we all spend on bags, it's so important to quality check.

I vote for Prada but I would recommend inspecting the bag before you purchase because of the stitching issues.

Totally agree on everything you said.

I have the Prada in Papaya. Had it in Cornflower blue but read in the Prada thread about the stitching and I decided to test the Cornflower Blue. Sure enough just a tug on a slip pocket caused it to come undone. Went to exchange, either send it to the spa as they had no more CFB or exchange it for another one. Never looked back.

Exchanged it for the Papaya. Excellent stitching and gorgeous bag.

My fav color is Cameo. I saw one at Neiman Marcus and I just couldn't buy after close inspection. I would check for stitching and clean glazings. It's worth mentioning, the Artsy in Monogram do have cracking issues at the top. I would get it in Empreinte.

Louis Vuitton Empreinte is just gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I was considering that if I decided on the Artsy, but knowing me I would likely select the monogram.

The braided handle on the Artsy is so tempting to me, I don't know why but I just love it.

The Cameo is definitely pretty and quite chic, I agree. If I didn't have a Miu Miu in a very similar color I would choose that one for sure. Red is also alluring.

Totally agree on everything you said.

I have the Prada in Papaya. Had it in Cornflower blue but read in the Prada thread about the stitching and I decided to test the Cornflower Blue. Sure enough just a tug on a slip pocket caused it to come undone. Went to exchange, either send it to the spa as they had no more CFB or exchange it for another one. Never looked back.

Exchanged it for the Papaya. Excellent stitching and gorgeous bag.

Congrats on the Papaye. LOVE that one. I would choose it after I got caramel I think. Red hues are surprisingly neutral.