Alexander Wang Wearing off of rose gold hardware?

f3ist

Total Bag Newbie
Jul 23, 2012
Today I just noticed the rose gold hardware on my Alex wang alpha shopper is wearing off quite badly ;( one of the reasons why this is so upsetting is because this is the first time I've ever carried this bag out!! Recently I just purchased a rose gold Rocco and I'm worried this will happen to the studs on that bag too. Any of you girls have any experience with this!

Picture of the rose gold wearing off. It's quite bad :sad:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/130294/image_zps507cf9dd.jpg

what a bummer. so sorry to hear that. especially since you haven't used it much.

that's happening to my bal grgh too. I can't explain it because I don't even touch the parts that are rubbing off.

That is bad, so sorry it's happening. Did you buy from a large department store? I would return this bag, this is not wear and tear - you haven't even used it yet!

DD101 said:
That is bad, so sorry it's happening. Did you buy from a large department store? I would return this bag, this is not wear and tear - you haven't even used it yet!

I purchased it from the outnet! Thing is, my purchase was around 6 months ago and when I received it from them, I received it in perfect condition :/ im just really worried it'll happen to my Rocco now ;(

I would call them...for the price you pay for these bags even 6 months it shouldn't rub off like that. What do you have to lose... Good luck I hope they give you a new one

bellabags23 said:
I would call them...for the price you pay for these bags even 6 months it shouldn't rub off like that. What do you have to lose... Good luck I hope they give you a new one

I did email them about it but they said nothing could be done since it's been 6 months since my purchase. All they did was refund me my shipping cost :/ and they can't give me a new one since its sold out everywhere now. Oh well.

Yikes! It looks a little bit like major scratching against bricks or something, or rust... definitely not good! Hopefully you can return it. All my RG Alexander Wang bags definitely do not look like that.

ninjanna said:
Yikes! It looks a little bit like major scratching against bricks or something, or rust... definitely not good! Hopefully you can return it. All my RG Alexander Wang bags definitely do not look like that.

So it's safe to assume that the same thing won't happen to the RG studs on my Rocco? Im really more worried about that bag than the alpha tote actually,since the wear and tear does not look obvious from far. But if this were to happen to my Rocco I'd be distraught!! :sad:

Could it be oxidation?

That's what I think it is, as this bag was never carried. The Outnet should have allowed you to return this bag OP, so sorry they didn't. This is one reason why I buy almost all my bags from major department stores. They never give a hassle incase something goes wrong.

I don't have any rose gold hw, but I do have the light gold studs on the bottom of my green rocco, I will be carefully watching this for any discoloration.

OP, do you have any recourse through your credit card, if you paid that way?