Review of 2012 - Mulberry style

Plemont

Mulberry collector
O.G.
Jan 11, 2012
Ladies, it's that time of year when we look back as well as looking forward.

Tell us about your Mulberry year!

You could mention

the best bargain
the one that surprised you - an unexpected hit
the HG - something you've finally found after searching for ages
the one you've loved and lost - bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on
the one that never leaves your side - best bag for daily use
the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag
the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since
the old favourite - something worn out but you can't bear to part with it

or anything else I haven't thought of! Pictures would be great (especially old ones taken throughout the year, even if they've been on here before - sunshine pics especially welcome!)

I'll put mine up later - just off to Bicester now:graucho:

Ooh. Awesome post Plemont!!!

This is my first Mulberry year - I have got 5 Mulberries since June:
Firstly black sbs - bought on impulse when I couldn't quite stretch to an Alexa. Not my favourite, but handy when I need a smaller bag.
9A92E74F-C1F6-49EA-A892-928AD43F3FB3-22971-00002B01057E8DBE_zpsb5cafe9a.jpg

My DH brought me back a nightshade heritage sbs from Singapore - so sweet since he was freaked out by the cost. I love it, but feel that it is more of a special occasion bag, so I haven't used it much.
83E57A10-3067-4DBF-AB86-23FDA5AA585A-22971-00002B00E2AED84D_zps6753edc5.jpg

My first Alexa - my HG style - Regular SS nightshade - probably my favourite, and not nearly as delicate as I expected.
2E9139D7-29E9-4DA7-8629-2761BCAD1AB8-22971-00002B00F6E0D46D_zps7d32bd80.jpg

Regular Oak Alexa - a classic. I never really liked the oak until I tried it on IRL. I'm not really a brown girl, but it's surprisingly versatile. I bought it as I really wanted a black, but didn't love the black with brass hardware.
CAEE6A70-1E31-4FC3-BA7C-B3199D5C04B3-22971-00002B00C4A5B033_zpsb0e2352a.jpg

Biggest bargain - Regular Alexa foggy grey - bought from lidiashopping for about AUD$700. Much deliberation, worried that the grey would be too purple and 80's, as I'd never seen it IRL. I love it!!
2D96AD0A-97C9-48C1-A54B-9D296D89405A-2256-0000047EC122014D.jpg

And lastly, my postbox keyring. Bought on a whim, feeling sentimental about my homeland. I haven't used it a lot, as I find it heavy. But it makes me smile.
8659EEA1-D5B8-40D3-A40B-4E0178FB93CD-22971-00002B00FD559B9C_zps85e67b98.jpg

Looking forward to a big 2013 - hopefully, I'm going to kick it off with 2 regular Alexas - slate blue and black with nickel hardware. I've decided that I'm definitely an Alexa girl - it is the style that brought me to Mulberry, and it suits my casual wardrobe, even though I'm nearly 40!!

Happy new year everyone!

Last edited:
Fab thread Plemont love this ive been ab terrible and been buying all the time esp this last year.
I have to say my 3 most wanted buy's of 2012 are;
1. My holy grail which i found by chance thanks to cp telapathic vibes.
The chestnut congo bays which i ab adore and never though id find.
From nautipidgin the best seller on this earth.
2. Python Roxanne Ltd ed made for harrods ebay
3. Loopy leopard Lily ebay.

Fab year 2012 esp for me all the Mulberries i could dream of.

MORE PICS:
4.The one that never leaves my side is the Daria wrist clutch in pertol fab mobilex2 holder- mulberry.com half paid for by fab brother as he orig bought me a kristin from Bicester for me birthday as it was faulty it was replaced by this.
5.Bargains of the year are; eggplant Mitzy messenger and s/s oak tillie both 250.00 from ebay.
6.My one hit wonder has to be U/J Ltd Ed Ostrich lily that i used once for a wedding but havent used her since m.com
7.Old fav is the tooled olive bayswater ebay.
8.One more possible buy maybe in 2012/2013 will be the black mini del rey
New Years resolution is to buy NO more bags.;) Pigs might fly.
The list is endless i better stop now.:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Attachments

• HOLY GRAIL REVEALS TPF5.jpg
    HOLY GRAIL REVEALS TPF5.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,077
  • HOLY GRAIL REVEALS TPF6.jpg
    HOLY GRAIL REVEALS TPF6.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • LOOPY LEOPARD LILY.JPG
    LOOPY LEOPARD LILY.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,132
  • DARIA WRIST CULTCH2.jpg
    DARIA WRIST CULTCH2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1,029
  • MULBERRY TILLIE.jpg
    MULBERRY TILLIE.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,036
  • FEEDING THE DUCKS2.jpg
    FEEDING THE DUCKS2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • OSTRICH WHATS IN MY BAG4.jpg
    OSTRICH WHATS IN MY BAG4.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • MULBERRY TOOLED BAYS1.jpg
    MULBERRY TOOLED BAYS1.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 1,023
  • MULBERRRY TOOLED BAYS 2SAY.jpg
    MULBERRRY TOOLED BAYS 2SAY.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:
Bethanh said:
Ooh. Awesome post Plemont!!!

This is my first Mulberry year - I have got 5 Mulberries since June:
Firstly black sbs - bought on impulse when I couldn't quite stretch to an Alexa. Not my favourite, but handy when I need a smaller bag.

My DH brought me back a nightshade heritage sbs from Singapore - so sweet since he was freaked out by the cost. I love it, but feel that it is more of a special occasion bag, so I haven't used it much.

My first Alexa - my HG style - Regular SS nightshade - probably my favourite, and not nearly as delicate as I expected.

Regular Oak Alexa - a classic. I never really liked the oak until I tried it on IRL. I'm not really a brown girl, but it's surprisingly versatile. I bought it as I really wanted a black, but didn't love the black with brass hardware.

Biggest bargain - Regular Alexa foggy grey - bought from lidiashopping for about AUD$700. Much deliberation, worried that the grey would be too purple and 80's, as I'd never seen it IRL. I love it!!

And lastly, my postbox keyring. Bought on a whim, feeling sentimental about my homeland. I haven't used it a lot, as I find it heavy. But it makes me smile.

Looking forward to a big 2013 - hopefully, I'm going to kick it off with 2 regular Alexas - slate blue and black with nickel hardware. I've decided that I'm definitely an Alexa girl - it is the style that brought me to Mulberry, and it suits my casual wardrobe, even though I'm nearly 40!!

Happy new year everyone!

Wonderful! You are to Alexa what I am to Bayswater! Hehe. I love your bags and look forward to the new family pic when the others arrive.

★The best bargain and the one that surprised you - for me are the same bag, the mini baswater belt bag I bought it in the summer sale for £164 and never expected it to be so useful it was my perfect summer bag it went with every outfit because it can be worn on the shoulder, across the body and around my waist ♡
7733475482_78160d64b6_z.jpg

★the HG - something you've finally found after searching for ages- not got one in mind yet other than black patent mini Chanel flap

★the one you've loved and lost- not from this year think I bought it around 2006/7 adorable ginger Brooke I sold n a moment if stupidness :'(
6052819936_b4b9eddbc9_z.jpg

★ bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on none from this year

★ The one that never leaves your side, best bag for daily use - black bayswater satchel goes with everything carries plenty even use it as a nappy bag when out and about, fits perfectly over my shoulder when Im wearing A in my back in a baby carrier.

★the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag

★ the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since

★ The old favourite - something worn out but you can't bear to part with it

Off to find some pictures

★The best bargain and the one that surprised you - for me are the same bag, the mini baswater belt bag I bought it in the summer sale for £164 and never expected it to be so useful it was my perfect summer bag it went with every outfit because it can be worn on the shoulder, across the body and around my waist ♡

★the HG - something you've finally found after searching for ages- not got one in mind yet other than black patent mini Chanel flap

★the one you've loved and lost- not from this year think I bought it around 2006/7 adorable ginger Brooke I sold n a moment if stupidness :'(

★ bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on - none from this year

★ The one that never leaves your side, best bag for daily use - black bayswater satchel goes with everything carries plenty even use it as a nappy bag when out and about, fits perfectly over my shoulder when Im wearing A in my back in a baby carrier.

ForumRunner_20121231_121014.png

★the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag- not from this year but bronze cracked Jodie I never use it (i might say goodbye soon)

6052816896_8b95cc3d15_z.jpg

★ the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since- as above

★ The old favourite - its a new old favourite for me pink effie it will never leave a funky soft bright pop of colour

8003834044_dc20275e6c_z.jpg

Off to find some pictures
Updated

Plemont said:
Ladies, it's that time of year when we look back as well as looking forward.

Tell us about your Mulberry year!

You could mention

the best bargain
the one that surprised you - an unexpected hit
the HG - something you've finally found after searching for ages
the one you've loved and lost - bags that didn't live up to expectations and have moved on
the one that never leaves your side - best bag for daily use
the moment of weakness - that 'why did I buy this?' bag
the one hit wonder - a bag you bought for an occasion but haven't used since
the old favourite - something worn out but you can't bear to part with it

or anything else I haven't thought of! Pictures would be great (especially old ones taken throughout the year, even if they've been on here before - sunshine pics especially welcome!)

I'll put mine up later - just off to Bicester now:graucho:

Wonderful post Plemont. All my bags are in pics in my signature so I won't add more pics for now.
so for 2012
My HG bag was definitely electric blue Bayswater. I still love her and feel special when I use her. I thank my tpf fairy godmother as I had missed the boat when it went to outlets and then wanted it so badly.

An unexpected hit was my navy patent Bayswater. I suddenly fell in love with it when looking through pics on the reference thread/beautiful Bayswater thread. Initially I wanted ink to get the clochette and feet. But when a pristine navy outlet version was offered I could not resist. Another fab tpf fairy!

The ones that never leave my side are my black Bayswater (work) and east west (errands). I feel I am wearing out black Bays. She is not worn out as yet but is my old favourite as she is such a trusty steed. Eggplant gets heavy use as well.

The one I loved and lost was black east west bays printed leather. We had never got on but as soon as I sold her I replaced her immediately with black NVT east west. Hehe. So I was only without an east west for a couple of weeks.

Black regular lily with gold hardware is not used so often but is perfect for occasions (dressy dinners, cocktails, naming ceremonies). A big sister, medium lily with nickel will be joining her in 2013.

Moment of weakness for mulberry is my most recent purchase the petrol Daria medium hobo. Will have to see how this works out! But my real moment of weakness was the LV alma. It is gorgeous but I should have known she wouldn't work for me due to her size, the fact she is hand held and the pink colour.

Ok I had other purchases this year, other LVs and other mulberries. Next year I will be much better as I am reaching saturation point with my collection and have a bag for every reason now.

Excellent thread plemont!! I had written a really long post about everything but silly wifi stopped working, so I'll do the abridged version...

My 1st year of Mulberry and it has been major love. Found 2 x HG bags from past seasons though one I can't get along with so she is looking for her forever home:

Champagne moon metallic bays
OS Alexa mini leopard patent

Bays is waiting for some sunshine before she's allowed out but she's def a keeper. Lexie- I admit defeat... I love the style on everyone else but I can't make her work on me. As much id love to have her sitting around looking pretty I can't afford to do that so lesson learned- don't get overexcited by reveals and pics on TPF!

Unexpected surprise is my lovely Daria satchel. Id love to get a few cousins for her as I use her every single day and wouldn't be apart from her!

Wild card surprise to my beautiful understated lily.
Deceptively roomy and goes with every occasion/ if I wasnt on a lifelong ban id definitely be adding some cousins for her too!

On a final note I'd like to say that I love TPF. The mulberry forum is filled with lovely kind hearted people that give their time and expertise and it's very much appreciated (authenticators and mooshooshol ESP, though Beaver, CP, l2s, and jan also!!) I never thought I'd spend so much time with "virtual" friends but I really feel like I've found another place like home here- one where I won't be ostracised for love of inanimate objects, nor shunned for rushing to smell my bags as soon I get them ;)

I hope everyone has a fantastic 2013. Personally I'll be on the sofa watching everyones reveals and living vicariously through you all!

Xxxxx

new2mulbs said:
Excellent thread plemont!! I had written a really long post about everything but silly wifi stopped working, so I'll do the abridged version...

My 1st year of Mulberry and it has been major love. Found 2 x HG bags from past seasons though one I can't get along with so she is looking for her forever home:

Champagne moon metallic bays
OS Alexa mini leopard patent

Bays is waiting for some sunshine before she's allowed out but she's def a keeper. Lexie- I admit defeat... I love the style on everyone else but I can't make her work on me. As much id love to have her sitting around looking pretty I can't afford to do that so lesson learned- don't get overexcited by reveals and pics on TPF!

Unexpected surprise is my lovely Daria satchel. Id love to get a few cousins for her as I use her every single day and wouldn't be apart from her!

Wild card surprise to my beautiful understated lily.
Deceptively roomy and goes with every occasion/ if I wasnt on a lifelong ban id definitely be adding some cousins for her too!

On a final note I'd like to say that I love TPF. The mulberry forum is filled with lovely kind hearted people that give their time and expertise and it's very much appreciated (authenticators and mooshooshol ESP, though Beaver, CP, l2s, and jan also!!) I never thought I'd spend so much time with "virtual" friends but I really feel like I've found another place like home here- one where I won't be ostracised for love of inanimate objects, nor shunned for rushing to smell my bags as soon I get them ;)

I hope everyone has a fantastic 2013. Personally I'll be on the sofa watching everyones reveals and living vicariously through you all!

Xxxxx

Thank you new2 mulb :smile: I can't get on with Lexies either :sad: I think this forum allows us to share a common interest without being made to feel we are showing off or being vacuous. Also life these days is rather stressful, many of us have stressful jobs or have to run families/raise children/ care for elderly relatives or even do BOTH ( a woman's work is never done) and here we can just chat about things we love without being too serious. I was part of another fabulous community about Filofaxes when I blogged but sadly I have no time and mental capacity for blogging (blogging is a 2nd job) so tpf provides most of my stress relief now. I still try to read the filofax posts but I feel sad as I miss blogging :sad: A community is still a community even if it is virtual. And thank goodness for that as busy lives, long commutes, and shift work of our modern lives make it much harder to form communities just based on location.