Speedy 30 & Mini Pochette Potential Problems?

UPandUP

O.G.
Apr 27, 2011
Hi! I wish this was a full reveal, but before I commit to my purchases I have some questions to throw out there.

For my Speedy 30 in DA, are these gaps from the zipper to the purse normal? As you can see in the first picture, there is a small gap on my bag from the BASE of the zipper to the edge of the purse. I looked at two Speedy 30's in DA and they both had the same gap. I looked at a Speedy DE 35 and there was no gap from the base of the zipper to the bag. The bag pictured is MIU, I didn't look to see where the Speedy 35 in DE was made. Secondly, is the small gap at the TOP of the zipper normal as seen in the 2nd picture? (Sidenote: the SA didn't think it was a big deal and also said maybe its bc DA is a softer material than DE. Weird, right?)

For the Mini Pochette, I think it's awful how the zipper pull is a fainter gold color than the wristlets chain which is more golden. Does this bother anyone else? I tried to get a good pic, but the color difference is hard to capture. I am leaning toward this being a deal breaker for me.

TIA for your input!

Attachments

• image-3363720715.jpg
    image-3363720715.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 462
  • image-2784345268.jpg
    image-2784345268.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 452
  • image-3179125778.jpg
    image-3179125778.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 443
  • image-890698164.jpg
    image-890698164.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 418
I have three Speedy's and they are like yours. I also have a DE Mini Pochette and I've never noticed the difference in the golds. I'll have to check mine, but if mine is different shades, I never noticed it and it doesn't bother me. Did they have other bags for you to compare to the ones you purchased?

img said:
I have three Speedy's and they are like yours. I also have a DE Mini Pochette and I've never noticed the difference in the golds. I'll have to check mine, but if mine is different shades, I never noticed it and it doesn't bother me. Did they have other bags for you to compare to the ones you purchased?

I looked at the Mini P in mono, and it had the same difference in zipper vs. chain color.

I looked at 2 Speedy 30's in DA and 1 Speedy 35 in DE. I would have felt bad asking to look at another. :/

I looked at the Mini P in mono, and it had the same difference in zipper vs. chain color.

I looked at 2 Speedy 30's in DA and 1 Speedy 35 in DE. I would have felt bad asking to look at another. :/

I think it's normal. If it bothers you to the point where you don't like the bag or bags, exchange them for something you will love! LV is expensive. You should be thrilled with your purchases.

My mono speedy 30 had small zipper gaps along with my Thames GM . Neither bother me at all. I can look on my other bags but if I have not noticed it then it most likely has not bothered me. I have 2 mini pochettes and have not noticed the color difference, I can check if you want, I do not use them often. I think your pochette looks fine, I don't think the zipper is supposed to be as shiny as the chain.

img said:
I think it's normal. If it bothers you to the point where you don't like the bag or bags, exchange them for something you will love! LV is expensive. You should be thrilled with your purchases.

Thanks for your help! I might check the Speedy 30's in DA at another store for the zipper thing. I am probably going to exchange the Mini P for a regular Pochette.

I did notice the inside clip in my nf is shinier than the zipper inside the bag. I remember some else mentioning that the gold on the zipper is dual compared to the hardwares.

LVlvoe_bug said:
My mono speedy 30 had small zipper gaps along with my Thames GM . Neither bother me at all. I can look on my other bags but if I have not noticed it then it most likely has not bothered me. I have 2 mini pochettes and have not noticed the color difference, I can check if you want, I do not use them often. I think your pochette looks fine, I don't think the zipper is supposed to be as shiny as the chain.

Thanks, LVlvoe_bug! On the Speedy 35 in DE, the little gold square that's the base of the zipper was flush to the piping of the bag, and it made me wish it was the same on my Speedy 30 in DA. :sad:

Thanks, LVlvoe_bug! On the Speedy 35 in DE, the little gold square that's the base of the zipper was flush to the piping of the bag, and it made me wish it was the same on my Speedy 30 in DA. :sad:

Are you able to exchange the speedy 30 for a different one? You definitely want to be happy with your purse! The gaps really don't bother me and on my Thames I think it's neat to see a peek of the red interior thru the gap....

LVlvoe_bug said:
Are you able to exchange the speedy 30 for a different one? You definitely want to be happy with your purse! The gaps really don't bother me and on my Thames I think it's neat to see a peek of the red interior thru the gap....

I guess maybe I don't have to worry abt the zipper sine you and img say it's normal. Only a 14 day return policy, 30 days for merch credit so I better decide quick. :/