**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

hotshot said:
Its always good to hear about positive experiences with sellers.

Thanks for posting yours,kemelia

The only negative I could mention is that I chose the "slow boat to China" shipping method--trying to save a little moolah during the holidays!!!

I have sold two Gucci bags through Fashionphile and they were fantastic to deal with. I dropped off my bags at their Beverly Hills location and I received checks in the mail as soon as they sold. Everytime I called I spoke to someone on the phone and they were helpful. When I decide to part with another bag in my collection I would sell through Fashionphile in a second.

saintgermain said:
Has anyone consigned with Fashionphile recently? I am considering using them to unload some bags and shoes. Any feedback would be appreciated. :smile:

They have 2 of my bags. The LV sold quickly & I had money in hand in 3 days. The Chanel is moving more slowly but that particular bag would appeal to a specific buyer.
I'm considering contacting them to sell 2 more bags.

I just sold a bag on Fashionphile, it sat with them for about 60 days. Their quote even at the lowest range came in much higher than Yoogis so i opted to sell with Fashionphile. However I just received my cheque and it is much lower than the quoted range. I'm not sure if the quoted range that Fashionphile gave me was unrealistic....but I feel a bit cheated :sad:

I just sold a bag on Fashionphile, it sat with them for about 60 days. Their quote even at the lowest range came in much higher than Yoogis so i opted to sell with Fashionphile. However I just received my cheque and it is much lower than the quoted range. I'm not sure if the quoted range that Fashionphile gave me was unrealistic....but I feel a bit cheated :sad:

I have never bought nor purchased on Fashionphile or any other consignment retailer but did you not receive a final number before signing the contract with them? I don't understand the "range" they quoted. Would they not give a $ amount before you agree to list the bag with them? And do they not discount the bags on a tiered scale after a certain period of time has gone by without the bag attracting customers? Is that why your final check was lower than expected? Because it took 60 days to sell?

twin-fun said:
I have never bought nor purchased on Fashionphile or any other consignment retailer but did you not receive a final number before signing the contract with them? I don't understand the "range" they quoted. Would they not give a $ amount before you agree to list the bag with them? And do they not discount the bags on a tiered scale after a certain period of time has gone by without the bag attracting customers? Is that why your final check was lower than expected? Because it took 60 days to sell?

I just checked and my item was only with Fashionphile for 1.5months so they should have only discounted it by 10% since it was unsold after 30 days. So now I'm wondering why I got quite a bit less. I had checked their site when my item went live and based on the selling price they listed it for, I should have received the quoted amount in the upper range. However I received below the quoted range. Oh, and they don't actually pay you until the item is sold.

I just checked and my item was only with Fashionphile for 1.5months so they should have only discounted it by 10% since it was unsold after 30 days. So now I'm wondering why I got quite a bit less. I had checked their site when my item went live and based on the selling price they listed it for, I should have received the quoted amount in the upper range. However I received below the quoted range. Oh, and they don't actually pay you until the item is sold.

No consignment retailer will pay before the item sells. That's what consignment is. Unless you sell an item outright to them which is typically less than what they would consign it for since they need to make a profit as well. I would contact them to find out why the discrepancy.

Fashionphile's prices are ridiculous and from my experience...their authenticity is very questionable. I made the switch to DesignerSocial.com and have never had a quality or authenticity issue! They also have a cool blog as they were started by former staffers at InStyle and Lucky!

Whilst realizing this is from an older portion of the thread, for posterity's sake I must comment that I recently contacted DesignerSocial.com in regards to one of their bags because it is not authentic.
They said that they have it in their possession and stand by it's authenticity despite my pointing out the very specific things that are completely inconsistent with the particular brand's authentic exotics, they even have the skin mislabeled, still.
It's bag that would normally retail in excess of $10,000, they have it listed for under $800 and it's still in brand new condition.

I do not believe them to be experienced enough to authenticate certain brands and I'd always get a 2nd, more experienced authentication with any contemplated purchase from them.

I have to take back my endorsement of Fashionphile. While I have had several successful transactions with them, I am beyond disgusted at what happened today. Recently I sent them a few items and after about 3 weeks of one of them not selling, I asked what is the procedure if I changed my mind. They told me no problem, it was a $25 fee to cover shipping back to me. Fine I tell them, please send it back to me. This bag was Brand New with tags attached, chains wrapped stuffing inside all intact as came from store. I received it back today and not only didn't they bother to put it back in the dust bag, they just threw it in the box. THE TAG WAS CUT OFF! and the chains were unwrapped and the stuffing was missing from the inside. WTF!!!!!!????? The kicker is I had asked them about the tag because I couldn't see it in any of the pictures, and why it was listed as "excellent" and not New with tags and no one answered me. Now I know why. I am beyond infuriated. They have the nerve to say I'm sorry for your inconvenience and they'll notify the shipping department of this issue so it doesn't happen again. REALLY???? That's all they had to say???? I told them eff their apology, I wanted all my items sent back to me at their cost.

WTF, why would they do this to a brand new expensive bag???? UGH SOOOO PISSED!

lallybelle said:
I have to take back my endorsement of Fashionphile. While I have had several successful transactions with them, I am beyond disgusted at what happened today. Recently I sent them a few items and after about 3 weeks of one of them not selling, I asked what is the procedure if I changed my mind. They told me no problem, it was a $25 fee to cover shipping back to me. Fine I tell them, please send it back to me. This bag was Brand New with tags attached, chains wrapped stuffing inside all intact as came from store. I received it back today and not only didn't they bother to put it back in the dust bag, they just threw it in the box. THE TAG WAS CUT OFF! and the chains were unwrapped and the stuffing was missing from the inside. WTF!!!!!!????? The kicker is I had asked them about the tag because I couldn't see it in any of the pictures, and why it was listed as "excellent" and not New with tags and no one answered me. Now I know why. I am beyond infuriated. They have the nerve to say I'm sorry for your inconvenience and they'll notify the shipping department of this issue so it doesn't happen again. REALLY???? That's all they had to say???? I told them eff their apology, I wanted all my items sent back to me at their cost.

Gosh that sucks! Do you think they switched it?

My first thought when I read this was that maybe someone on their staff WORE it!