Am I a bag thief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaDoll08

May 9, 2012
One of my coworkers loves LV bags. She has LV everything. Two years ago, her parents bought a DE Speedy 30 as a gift for her. I fell in love with her bag. I wanted to buy my own speedy. That was how I was introduced to LV!

I thought about saving up to buy a speedy in a different print perhaps in azur. The fact that our cubicles are next to each other at work, I've convinced myself it is a bad idea to even own a speedy. One day I had a discussion of LV wish list with another coworker. I mentioned I wanted a Tivoli pm. When she heard me, she said "That's my bag, b*tch, Oh you want to join our LV club". I told her I didn't want to join her club. She told me that I better not buy it. I didn't reply to her because I didn't have the money anyway. It was just a wish list. A wishful thought... Then she claimed the Trevi. She forbid me from buying it. Well, whatever bag I got on my screen just belonged to her. This year I mentioned the Manhattan bag, it became hers. So I looked at the cerise speedy, and finally it was "ugly", "act your age", "just go buy a brand new speedy". And I said oh that's my bag!!! It's so cute! I pictured a romper outfit in stiletto heels and big hair. I told everyone i was going to buy the cerise speedy. Well right when I was about to buy it, on the same page, I saw the Manhattan pm bag listed under $700!!! Ummmm gently used... Ummm cheaper than the cerise speedy. Ummm speedy? Scratch!!!!! I bought the Manhattan pm as a Xmas gift to myself. I was able to clean the handles making the bag almost brand new.

Last week, I asked my coworker if she liked the Manhattan gm, she said YEH! I said ok. She doesn't believe in buying pre-loved because she keeps saying it's better to buy brand new with that kind of price. She carries big bags. Large Gucci tote, large Marc Jacobs tote... What do I have to worry...

I walked in the office with my Manhattan pm bag today for the first time, she got very upset with me. She sent a message to my other coworker that she wanted to cry because I bought her bag. She said to me "You're a bag thief". She totally played victim. And people looked at me wrong. =( I got upset she made me the bad guy. For the last two years, she only wanted to own these bags. She has no intention of buying any of these bags. Because she talks about her financial situations with other coworkers, so there is no budget. What right does she have forbidding me from buying any bag I want to buy. And people looked at me wrong because no one knew about the forbidden list she gave me. I replied to my coworker "I bought the pm because you liked the gm, plus you carry big bags and you only buy brand new." She said "whatever, bag thief!" "The gm and pm are the same." I offered her to buy the bag from me, not that I was serious but to be polite. She said No thank you! Then I just laughed in her face to piss her off. I got tired of playing nice. I don't believe I owe her any apology. She came to my desk later to hold it. I put on a snotty voice, nodding my head, "yehhhhh you can try it on." She said "the pm is not a small bag." I looked at her and I said "Riiiiiiiiight."

How do I defend myself? Going forward, what do I say when I get a new forbidden list?!!!!!!!!!!!! She's nice to me. Just not about LV bags.

she sounds really immature, there is no law saying that you can't carry the same bag as your coworker. you are not a bag thief! if you like it, that's all that matters!

That is so sad. What right does other people has over anyone to forbid them?! Don't we live in a free society? It's your own money and she's a cow. You shouldn't pay attention nor lose any sleep over this. What a bunch of sad creatures these work colleagues of yours.

Last edited:
Love for LV should be shared.. not fought over! Some women will find anything to bi+ch about lol Tell her theres more important things to worry about in the world than making sure you both dont have the same bags! jeeees

That is ridiculous! Your co worker sounds very childish. You are entitled to get whichever bag you like. Get the bag that you love and can afford. Don't pay attention to her. I wish women could be more happy for each other!

so sorry this thing happened to you. If i were you i would really pissed off too. she doesnt have a right to prevent you on buy any bags you want to buy, her act is really immature and childish. dont speak of LV in front of her to prevent her know your wishlist and forbid you from buying a bags. after all it is your money, not hers. so buy whatever you want to buy! You are not a bag thief!

That woman has a few issues :weird: She has no right to forbid you from buying any LV bags. She should be happy for you and take it as a compliment that you like the same bags. Don't let her insecurities get to you. Hold your head up high and rock your new bag. You deserve it!

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time believing this is a serious post.

Rise above it, sounds like a bunch of teenagers. Sorry. :sad:

I'm on the same page as you, this sounds like first-year high school drama and I couldn't get through it without cringing and being like... huh?

This is honestly ridiculous, LV makes these bags available for ANYONE to buy, not just your co-worker. Buy whatever you like and what makes you happy regardless of what anyone says.

OMG!!! What is this some kind of weird game this is really harassment!
Why do you give them the chance to tackle everything from you?
You may however itself know which bag you buy? Nobody has control over you, I find this so what does yours not mine childish colleague as if they were the world, you are who you are,and you determined what you want to buy for yourself and which bag! nobody is more than you! and you're certainly not a thief!! I simply do not believe what I read that this happens under working time, they can not spend her time better than just talking and arguing about bags? they have to act normally with each other,that is a normal way to dealing with each other and let each other in value!!!
MY GOD! cant still believe this!! hope you are doing fine and hopely this will end soon!! :noworry::hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.