Louis Vuitton or Bottega veneta?

mrsandagi

Dec 9, 2012
Please excuse that I am posting under my wife's account, but we need some advice between two different bags that my wife looked at this weekend. I originally got her the antheia ixia PM, but it didn't really fit her well. She's about 5' so the shoulder strap sat kinda low on her and she would rather have the bag on her shoulder or cross body. We saw the Galatea MM in store and she liked it, but since it's only available in opal she was worried about the durability and staining issues(color transfer, etc.). We also looked at the Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Nappa bag in black and she liked the comfort of the bag too, but has no experience with this brand. She has said that the Bottega is good for her, but I think she might be going this way because that it's also less expensive. I just want her to get what she really wants and something that's worth the money. She currently has a Mahina L in black that she uses as her daily and she really likes it. We also have a baby on the way soon. So we were looking at something easy to zipper and carry, plus something that is pretty durable. She has heard from a friend that the Bottega's are pretty delicate, so it's a concern. If someone has any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I can tell you that Bottega Veneta is not delicate.

Here's a good thread for you:

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/louis-vuitton-or-bottega-veneta-793008.html

Please excuse that I am posting under my wife's account, but we need some advice between two different bags that my wife looked at this weekend. I originally got her the antheia ixia PM, but it didn't really fit her well. She's about 5' so the shoulder strap sat kinda low on her and she would rather have the bag on her shoulder or cross body. We saw the Galatea MM in store and she liked it, but since it's only available in opal she was worried about the durability and staining issues(color transfer, etc.). We also looked at the Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Nappa bag in black and she liked the comfort of the bag too, but has no experience with this brand. She has said that the Bottega is good for her, but I think she might be going this way because that it's also less expensive. I just want her to get what she really wants and something that's worth the money. She currently has a Mahina L in black that she uses as her daily and she really likes it. We also have a baby on the way soon. So we were looking at something easy to zipper and carry, plus something that is pretty durable. She has heard from a friend that the Bottega's are pretty delicate, so it's a concern. If someone has any insight or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for their wisdom and advice. We went to both stores today and this is what she decided on. I personally really like it and think it's a classy looking bag. Thanks again everyone.:biggrin:

p1010123fh.jpg

p1010124ng.jpg

Thanks everyone for their wisdom and advice. We went to both stores today and this is what she decided on. I personally really like it and think it's a classy looking bag. Thanks again everyone.:biggrin:
Ooo, the Campana - very lovely - this is Crown Princess of Denmark Mary's favorite bag!!!

p1010124ng.jpg

The BV Compana!!! What a lucky lady!!! That is an iconic, exquisite bag! Lucky lucky wife and congrats on the upcoming baby!!! As indiaink has said, the Princess of Denmark has been wearing that same bag every day for the past 2 years. It must be soft as butter by now. All of us on the BV forum, drool when we see pictures of her wearing that bag. Again, congrats!

Hello! I am a Bottega Veneta fanatic, and I just got a shopper tote in Karung Snakeskin! I just love it! Happy New Year to all!

Attachments

• image-3968227775.jpg
    image-3968227775.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 2,559
safire said:
Hello! I am a Bottega Veneta fanatic, and I just got a shopper tote in Karung Snakeskin! I just love it! Happy New Year to all!

I forgot to mention I was choosing between the LV Artsy MM empreinte in aurore color and this BV blue karung snakeskin... This BV came out a bit expensive compared to the Artsy MM empreinte but I think getting one in snakeskin is a good choice, I just suddenly fell in love with it when I saw it in the store! :smile: Again, Happy New Year to all of you and I enjoy reading all your posts!

Last edited: