"Nice LV...."

ViCharm

Jan 3, 2012
So I was shopping at the mall today and I had my trusty mono 40 speedy.... And there were these two women, about my age (so about 19/20) and they had their speedies as well... However their LVs were in DA and DE prints and had a gold plate on it that says LOuis Vuitton blah blah... I sorta expected to be fake... But stayed quiet.. So anyway, I was at Urban Outfitters, at the cashier next to them and they kept glancing at me and my bag and then their bags and then started whispering... And then one of them said "nice, it's like ours! But yours has no plate...they all have plates.. So fake right. Omg ours are real. See the difference?" And she. Tried to feel my bag and I backed away.. So I pointed out the heatstamp and she said, " yeah, it should say LV because LV is for Louis, not HV( hv my initials and also she kept pronouncing it Louise) ... So I had every power to hold everything back.. What was awkward was the people ringing us up heard and so did people behind me... Ugh, I can't believe things like this actually happen... Okay vent session is out of my system now.... Thanks ladies and gents :biggrin:

what i dont understand is WHY anyone cares to comment on others bags in public other than to compliment....i never understood this....why hate?? we are all in this because we love bags! ahhh...sorry you went through this but good on you for holding your ground and being the classy one!

Ugh I don't think I would have been so nice lol. I think I would have had to whip out my LV knowledge on them. Tehehehe
I totally would have schooled them on LV if I had been in that situation! I wouldn't have been able to resist.
I'm a nice person and normally very chill, but stuff like that would get on my nerves. I would have calmly and authoritatedly stated my knowledge in a very matter-of-fact way. Those two girls knew nothing about LV, and presumed to pass of yours as fake and theirs as real in front of several other people, creating an embarrassing situation. No way! :storm:

I totally would have schooled them on LV if I had been in that situation! I wouldn't have been able to resist.
I'm a nice person and normally very chill, but stuff like that would get on my nerves. I would have calmly and authoritatedly stated my knowledge in a very matter-of-fact way. Those two girls knew nothing about LV, and presumed to pass of yours as fake and theirs as real in front of several other people, creating an embarrassing situation. No way! :storm:

It really was! (you and the other ladies so far have calmed me down) thanks!:biggrin: I was like so eager to say something but I would've dis-honored what my parents have thought me growing up... and not steep low. I love handbags and I always compliment people and never had "hate" comments on anyone's because I'm a bag addict lol... I was shocked to hear others embarrass me, and mostly themselves in front of other people.

It really was! (you and the other ladies so far have calmed me down) thanks!:biggrin: I was like so eager to say something but I would've dis-honored what my parents have thought me growing up... and not steep low. I love handbags and I always compliment people and never had "hate" comments on anyone's because I'm a bag addict lol... I was shocked to hear others embarrass me, and mostly themselves in front of other people.

I know, I never make hateful comments about other people's bags either! If I love it, I'll give a compliment. If I dislike it or if I can tell that it's fake, I don't mention it at all.
If someone tried to imply that my authentic bags or SLG's are fake, I see nothing wrong with promptly correcting that person in a precise, calm manner.
You're right, those girls really embarrassed themselves, because I'll bet the other people who heard their comments were probably thinking "wow, those two girls are shallow, conceited brats", which is not a cute way to act in public, or anywhere else for that matter.
You know your bags are real....so just keep on steppin' and enjoy carrying them! ;)

ViCharm said:
So I was shopping at the mall today and I had my trusty mono 40 speedy.... And there were these two women, about my age (so about 19/20) and they had their speedies as well... However their LVs were in DA and DE prints and had a gold plate on it that says LOuis Vuitton blah blah... I sorta expected to be fake... But stayed quiet.. So anyway, I was at Urban Outfitters, at the cashier next to them and they kept glancing at me and my bag and then their bags and then started whispering... And then one of them said "nice, it's like ours! But yours has no plate...they all have plates.. So fake right. Omg ours are real. See the difference?" And she. Tried to feel my bag and I backed away.. So I pointed out the heatstamp and she said, " yeah, it should say LV because LV is for Louis, not HV( hv my initials and also she kept pronouncing it Louise) ... So I had every power to hold everything back.. What was awkward was the people ringing us up heard and so did people behind me... Ugh, I can't believe things like this actually happen... Okay vent session is out of my system now.... Thanks ladies and gents :biggrin:

I feel tour frustration i cant help but laugh. O the ignorance.

I would've turned around and told them that you go the heat stamping done in the boutique and it's a free service for authentic bags and suggest that they should have it done to personalize their bags too. Then turn around, smile and imagine the look on the SA and their faces when the SA tells them that they won't heat stamp it because it's not authentic. :smile: