Home & Garden Show us your kitchen

You got 6 chairs and paid for 2?

We had something similar happen a loooooooooong time ago when Montgomery Wards still existed.

My parents bought a dining room set there and it came with 4 chairs - the other 2 chairs needed to be delievered.

Well the 2 chairs came and everything was great. Then about 2 weeks later another SIX chairs came! :wtf: My parents called Wards and told them that they had all the chairs and they INSISTED that we didn't get any chairs when we bought the set and that they were now being delivered. HAHA, they wouldn't believe my Dad.

This went back and forth for about 4 weeks and eventually my dad just gave up. They wouldn't even accept the return in the store.

...no wonder Wards went bankrupt!

You got 6 chairs and paid for 2?

Yes-the chairs came in packs of 2, but I believe when they sent them they didn't realize that and sent us 2 boxes thinking each only had 1 chair insde (there's no indication on the box that there are 2 inside). As for the last box...for some reason they must have thought the order wasn't processed? We tried emailing them but didn't get a response so we kept 4 and sold off the other 2 because we didn't have room for them.

lovee this meg!! it is almost like strass CL's :hbeat:
Thanks LG, I love it too and your right it does kinda remind me of strass CL's. It cost more to get it installed than it did for the chandelier. My contractor had to take off part of the roof and go in that way in order to install it as there wasn't enough crawl space to run the wiring. It was worth it though.

your kitchen is beautiful and your brick fireplace looks very nice...do you have any pics of that?
thanks
DSC00001.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Yes-the chairs came in packs of 2, but I believe when they sent them they didn't realize that and sent us 2 boxes thinking each only had 1 chair insde (there's no indication on the box that there are 2 inside). As for the last box...for some reason they must have thought the order wasn't processed? We tried emailing them but didn't get a response so we kept 4 and sold off the other 2 because we didn't have room for them.

It's rare to see such mistakes by the store, you have a nice luck though..;)

This is our kitchen before we put the backsplash in-it's just simple clear glass 3x6 subway tile. The original kitchen had carved oak doors and a black countertop with a beige backsplash, and the apartment was painted beige and blue with oak floors. Instead of ripping out the kitchen we just replaced the doors which only cost $2k and painted the rest-its hard to see in this picture but they're high gloss white.

We've been living with this remodelled kitchen for a couple of years now and I hate the countertops-they were not a good decision. They're white quartz, and because the surface is so bleached they don't have the regular durability of quartz-it stains and scratches quite easily. Next time I would go for butcher block or a quartz with more of a pattern to it.

The floor is ebony single plank laminate-not the colour I wanted (I wanted more of a medium wood) but DBF picked it out without me so now much of a choice there!

The barstools were a STEAL-we ordered 2 from Costco for $140 and they sent us FOUR instead-then we got another 2 in the mail a couple of weeks later!

I should mention there IS (a bit) more to the kitchen that this-after the microwave is our fridge with a couple of cabinets on top-but it's still pretty compact.

Love the floor!

My kitchen, sorry for the three shots - I couldn't capture it in one.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 1,303
  • securedownload-1.jpeg
    securedownload-1.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,268
tonkamama - I love your backsplash with the bit of sparkle! I really wanted something like that but DBF wanted something much more plain.
I'm curious though-how do you find having the microwave at that level? I notice a lot of new kitchens doing that, but I always thought it would be a bit awkward?