BOX leather bracelets

gazoo

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
I am thinking about purchasing a Box leather cuff. How do they hold up? Is water splashing from washing your hands an issue? This is the single thing that keeps me from buying - but they seem to be so plentiful that I wonder if they are super durable and I am just being crazy. I've retired my Box Kelly's since I have a teething baby (the thought of blisters freak me out!) - but would love to know if you guys think the bracelets are in a different wear category.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

You have described by concerns exactly! I admire the bracelets enormously, but I'm afraid of buying one. I think if you bought one, it would be only for dress up when the children were not with you.

If I did get one, it would be in a dark color like rouge H, black or ebene. Barenia would just get too trashed.

Yeah - I totally see that happening with Barenia. I had a Barenia watch once but just couldn't deal with the "chance" that something would happen to it. Sheesh even getting coffee can be a danger zone with leaky cups as they are handed to you in the drive thru!

I have a black box bracelet but it has links in between the leather. The name of the style escapes me (beau- something) but I have had no problems with the leather as I wash my hands about 20 times a day and splash water on it (which I quickly wipe off).

I have a black box bracelet but it has links in between the leather. The name of the style escapes me (beau- something) but I have had no problems with the leather as I wash my hands about 20 times a day and splash water on it (which I quickly wipe off).

Pepper, Is it the Beauveau? I have this one and CDC's and Double Tours in Box. They, are all holding up very well...baby drool, water splashes, etc... as long as you wipe it off quickly.

I was concerned about this as well before I bought them, but I now have 3 cuffs: 1 Barenia and 2 Box - and have no issues with them. I try to be very careful washing my hands, but they inevitably get splashed with at least a spray of water and as long as you dab it right off, they seem to be fine.

Pepper, Is it the Beauveau? I have this one and CDC's and Double Tours in Box. They, are all holding up very well...baby drool, water splashes, etc... as long as you wipe it off quickly.

Yes, that's it--thanks, EMNH.
Looks as good as new (plenty of water splashes later).

Do you specifically remove it to bathe or sleep or is the leather something that can be left on?

I keep seeing certain people with leather bracelets (like a signature look) piled on and can't fathom that they remove them each day and night for these activities.

what about box belts, when it rains? I'm getting a belt and more often than not the black leather is box (which i adore) but I'm scared to death if I'm wearing it and it begins to rain, what to do?

Gazoo I have the Rouge H Box "H" cuff and I LOVE it. Has just that touch of "edge" in a small dose that I can get away with. It's so comfortable and I wear it quite a bit. No problems with it so far but I do take it off if I'm doing the dishes or cooking.