tokidoki artwork.

maya_exquisite

goddess ^_^
Mar 3, 2007
My artwork thus far... Hehehe. If anyone else (or their bfs *lol*) has any other works, post post post!!

Also, if anyone has suggestions of what characters to draw, let me know. I may or may not take the suggestions. :roflmfao:

Attachments

• tokidokibird.jpg
    tokidokibird.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 4,318
  • tokidokisasquaches_lowres.gif
    tokidokisasquaches_lowres.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,305
  • pinkipoddevil.jpg
    pinkipoddevil.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 3,006
I'm collecting them in a binder and sheet protectors. I was thinking about coloring them, but I don't like the lines markers and colored pencils make and I hate crayons so I think I'll leave them black and white and just color a copy on Photoshop or something.

I've never seen a photo of the sea monsters close enough to see real details, but it sounds cute!

I see, because I've been drawing for many years too on and off and not all that seriously- even though teachers have asked me to consider it- and when I saw your artwork...I thought it would be crazy if you could do that free hand already. How large do you draw them? Do they span an entire sheet of paper?

I haven't even considered drawing anything toki yet though...but I used to draw a lot of anime. Even won a poster contest in High school...lol

Most things I can do freehand after I've drawn it once. It's weird. I definitely prefer penciling first since I like to get things to look as close to the real thing as possible, though. Growing up I always won art contests and was voted "best artist" in 6th grade. *lol* Whoo-hoo for me, right? Hahahahaha. I think the best "art times" I used to have is all the years I entered door decorating contests in school and I always won. I would always use Sanrio characters... Santa Pekkle on a surfboard, etc. Those were fun.

I really like drawing, but over time, besides the art class I took in college, I stopped drawing completely except for times when I get really depressed. My parents always discouraged it and told me I was wasting my time, and I was tired of it being the only talent I was recognized for.
I think it's my most instinctual outlet, if writing doesn't cut it.

I used to make bead jewelry but stopped for awhile. I sucked at drawing so I thought I could be good in jewelry making. Too bad our university doesnt have that kind of class cuz I wanted to learn jewelry design/making and stain glass making. :biggrin:

I used to make bead jewelry but stopped for awhile. I sucked at drawing so I thought I could be good in jewelry making. Too bad our university doesnt have that kind of class cuz I wanted to learn jewelry design/making and stain glass making. :biggrin:

Me too, I used to thread indian bead jewelry but again...my dad was like...what a waste of time and used to yell at me. A friend of mine actually interned for the photographer who created metallic jewelry and transfered to FIT from a science major to design jewelry. By this time she had already made over 50 pairs of earrings with beads and wire and have even ebayed some of it off!! I think it's pretty cool

I don't think you really need to take a class to make stained glasswork...my bro did it with his ex-gf and he's not into anything artsy at all- he made window and christmas ornaments- unless you were thinking something more complex

Me too, I used to thread indian bead jewelry but again...my dad was like...what a waste of time and used to yell at me. A friend of mine actually interned for the photographer who created metallic jewelry and transfered to FIT from a science major to design jewelry. By this time she had already made over 50 pairs of earrings with beads and wire and have even ebayed some of it off!! I think it's pretty cool

I don't think you really need to take a class to make stained glasswork...my bro did it with his ex-gf and he's not into anything artsy at all- he made window and christmas ornaments- unless you were thinking something more complex

Yup Im thinking complex things like the real big stuff, like window, panels, candle holders and such. I dont even know where to begin to get stuff on how to start on it :shrugs: ... so thinking if I had taken a class at least I would know the proper way or basics :P ...also Im interested in learning to do glass blowing lampwork...

maya: thats a cute drawing..:biggrin: i thought they were snakes lol