Disturbing MOVIES/TV Shows/Documentaries You Couldn't Stop Thinking About

The most disturbing film I have ever seen, bar none, is the French film 'Irreversible'. Not for the faint of heart..the scenes will be etched in your psyche for far longer than you would like:sad:

Someone mentioned this film to me today and it automatically reminded me of this thread. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to see it yet :couch:

There are a couple of disturbing Aussie movies that you should or shouldn't watch.
Wolf Creek (losely based on true stories) from about 5 years ago and Snowtown a recent movie (based on a true story)

SNOWTOWN!! SICK. I was reading the reviews from Australlia and they were writing how many people walked out whent they watched. It was on Netflix is how I saw it. It was so disturbing.

Usually I can handle most things but recently watched a movie called audio Africa made in the 60's i think, it's a documentary about the Zanzibar massacre and other situations that happend during the decolonization of Africa. It definitely gave me nightmares.

I refuse to watch American History X because of how much the scenes in it impacted other people I know who watched it.

The movie Sybil made me upset for quite a while. The effect on Sybil from what her mother did to her- how she developed multiple personalities to cope with the abuse- and the flashbacks scenes to the terrible things her mother did to her, particularly with the hose.... It still disturbs me and randomly comes to my mind. Seeing how manipulative and uncaring her mother was about it was just as scary.

Grey Gardens, both the documentary and the movie.

I found it fascinating but at the same time, I felt like Little Edie living at home with my mother. I could leave, but every move of mine was controlled. I wasn't physically trapped, but I was mentally trapped.

I actually still think about certain scenes from that movie! Scary in a non horror way.
You must of watched it more recently? It disturbed me and haunted me. True story. And what happened in real life was much worse than the movie. I can't even believe WE both watched it.

The documentary 'Dear Zachary' about a nice guy I went to school with..his murder and the subsequent hell his parents endured at the hands of his murderer/mother of his child. Unforgettable and life changing..I highly recommend it!

I still think about this movie occasionally. Such a sad, senseless, tragic story.