Workplace What do you do for a living?

Collie5 said:
I work in a veterinary clinic. I'm not a vet, but have done a little of everything else there. Right now I'm working as the grooming assistant and receptionist for the grooming department. It's a good job for me since I love animals and breed and show dogs. I get great discounts on vet care which helps out immensley!

It's good to do what you enjoy. Sometimes it's more a joy of working with animals than people!

californiaCRUSH said:
I'm a speech pathologist, female dominated field.

I used to work part time at a gym, during graduate school, and was surrounded by men. I actually prefer that environment.
As a woman, it can be easier to work with men. I think as women, we always see each other as competition for something. We don't seem to have the same "team" mentality as men do.

Yes I do. I started as a graduate in 2009 and am a Senior Consultant. I work in audit, so this time of year is very demanding for us - I am also sitting my last CA exam next Tuesday so that is stressing me out too. The best part of the job is the people I work with and the technical challenges that I face. Good luck for your partner interviews, they seem pretty scary but they were in your shoes once.

This sounds very similar to me! I graduated and passed the CPA exam in 2009, and am in my 4th year in audit at a Big 4 accounting firm. =)

I work as an educational advocate for parents of children with disabilities whose kids are enrolled in public schools. I make sure that the kids receive the kind of education and support to which they are legally entitled and hold school and district administrators accountable. It's tiring and I often come home crying after I talked to parents whose non verbal kids have been abused, physically, mentally, and emotionally by so called educators. But so, so rewarding...