Do I really have to wait 7 days for payment?

tods123

Sep 16, 2006
Ok I know ebay gives them 7 days.

However if my auction terms state clearly that I require contact with 24 hours and paypal payment within 3 days, can I file for NPB earlier?

Really, do seller terms matter at all?

I don't know if you can file sooner than 7 days. I would search on eBay for that answer. What is their feedback like? I sell on eBay too & I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, hopefully avoiding neg. feedback & all that follows. I would write them a friendly e-mail saying Hi, congrats on winning & re-stating my auction terms. Then I would wait the 7 days before filing NPB. Sometimes people are SLOOOOOWWWWW. But, I'd be really interested to see what their feedback is like. Maybe something weird happened like their computer crashed?!?! or maybe they are a NPB. Hope for the best!

No, you cannot file sooner than 7 days. Believe me, I've had a few troublesome buyers over the past 2 weeks and I wish I could!

However, I do believe that often people cannot respond in 24 hours and are often not able to pay within 3 days due to work, travel, etc. I always ask for payment within 5 days and then if I don't receive it I file NPB after the 7th day.

Ok I know ebay gives them 7 days.

However if my auction terms state clearly that I require contact with 24 hours and paypal payment within 3 days, can I file for NPB earlier?

Really, do seller terms matter at all?

As I have learned YES you have to wait.

I stated 48hrs in my auction. However, that is not fair, since eBay states 7 days.

In all honesty, you just dont know what is going on, on the other end. The buyer could be out of town, sick, internet connection down, comptuer blew up. Whatever.

I don't even bother to ask for payment is less than 7 days. No matter what you say eBay makes the rules. I am so sick of them I could scream.

I must be a soft touch then. I ALWAYS pay immediately the auction finishes, or if I BIN. Wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. Not because I a Saint, but because I would forget when I had moved on to my next purchase! :roflmfao:

And if a Seller stated "Immediate Payment" or the like, I would assume that was non-negotiable. I thought other buyers did the same :shrugs:

It does suck, especially if you KNOW that your buyer is not going to pay. I just sold a Luella Bartley bag for $286 and the buyer has not responded to multiple emails and invoices. Plus, she's a zero feedback bidder. So I'm pretty much writing her off even though it's not the 7 days yet. I offered it to the 2nd highest bidder and she hasn't responded either. I will probably relist in the next 24 hours.

I know...I hate to wait 7 days for the payment...should be charged them right away just like those online shopping sites. I am still awaiting for one payment now:mad: (the auction ended on March, 30)

A few times I've seen something I want, put it into Auctionsniper and forgotten about it, then had to go away for work or some such thing and gotten back to find cranky emails from the seller for not replying to their invoices within a couple of days... it's not that I don't want it, and I have every intention of paying - I just forget!

If I BIN or I'm watching the auction as it ends and I win though... I pay immediately.

I know this doesn't help much, but as others have said - you just don't know what's going on with them.

And Lori, if it's the bag I'm thinking of, I hope you do relist as I was eyeing it up! :smile:

I must be a soft touch then. I ALWAYS pay immediately the auction finishes, or if I BIN. Wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. Not because I a Saint, but because I would forget when I had moved on to my next purchase! :roflmfao:

And if a Seller stated "Immediate Payment" or the like, I would assume that was non-negotiable. I thought other buyers did the same :shrugs:

I am the exact same way. I pay withing minutes of winning. Usually im in a bidding war and I see I won, so I pay right away LOL

But until I read here, I was uniformed about the 7day rule! Thank God for this place!:yes:

usually i pay right away. if not, i will contact the seller the minute i know i won the bid and said that i'll pay in 2 days or so and if she would mind.

when i'm the buyer, i always send message to my buyers to congratulate on her winning and that my auction needs to be paid within 3 days and so and so as it is stated in my auction list.