Scarves ........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

Thank you for this BritAbroad what a fun tie and am smitten with the design- I hope your CLF arrives soon.

Just got confirmation that my cw12 in on the way- I am thrilled that I was able to grab it on Friday on H.com USA when there was a huge feeding frenzy! It can be quite a blood sport ordering off the website when goodies arrive- cw01 was stolen from my cart just as I was checking out. Oh well, hopefully I will be able to find it eventually but am content with 04&12 for now.

Congratulations on scoring cw12 to add to your cw04, toujours*chic! It's a great neutral, it was offered to me and I passed it up because I was really hoping for cw04 (swooned by those red boots) and I was trying to stick to one cw per design but that's not working as planned :whistle:
Now I'm kicking myself royally for letting it go, but at least another tPFer got it and she loves it so I'm very happy for her.
I'll have to keep my eyes out for it and I'm also really quite captivated by cw06, my eyes are kaki, I think I can pull it off and I'm hoping the noisette would allow me to pair it with browns easily.

I wonder if tPFers are responsible for whipping up this frenzy? It does make you ponder just the effect we may have...

So much for sticking to cashmere GMs and giving up on silks!

Looking forward to seeing your pics, toujours*chic

Great research work! I swear that TPF members have vastly more H knowledge than some Hermes SAs...

I talk to the H SA ordering new scarves for this season about 2 months or so ago. The SA insisted that there's no such things as Galop Chromatique, or C'est la Fete and suggested that I must be wrong. It made me so mad!

Congratulations on scoring cw12 to add to your cw04, toujours*chic! It's a great neutral, it was offered to me and I passed it up because I was really hoping for cw04 (swooned by those red boots) and I was trying to stick to one cw per design but that's not working as planned :whistle:
Now I'm kicking myself royally for letting it go, but at least another tPFer got it and she loves it so I'm very happy for her.
I'll have to keep my eyes out for it and I'm also really quite captivated by cw06, my eyes are kaki, I think I can pull it off and I'm hoping the noisette would allow me to pair it with browns easily.

I wonder if tPFers are responsible for whipping up this frenzy? It does make you ponder just the effect we may have...

So much for sticking to cashmere GMs and giving up on silks!

Looking forward to seeing your pics, toujours*chic

I think you might be right :yes:

on AU H.com website now.....

http://australia.hermes.com/surpris...figurable-product-02777sc-36180.html?nuance=1

Monsieur et Madame II
Special edition silk twill scarf, hand rolled, 90x90cm.
Paying homage to Lillian Wightman who founded Le Louvre Melbourne 90 years ago, this limited edition scarf draws inspiration from her signature ocelot print.
Available exclusively from the Le Louvre boutique Melbourne, Hermès Melbourne & Hermès.com Australia

Have you received your scarf yet? If so, i would love to see modeling pics! Mine is waiting for me at home when I get back from overseas next week... :biggrin:

Thank you, Valmont, it's fun to share and I admit to being a bit of a geek, I research passions to the nth, or as my better half would more simply put it; obsessed :lol:
hey BritA! thanks for your lines, Im happy u are getting also the W u wished for! even if its coming from a bit further away.... =) (the boots and hat are actually "Eggplant" and not red, I also had the impression they would be red... )
I cant wait to see CW 6 in natura...
hats off for your research! I understand your "passion" perfectly! and like valmont said, some of "us" do know more (at least when it comes to the actual collection) than some SA, when I was in the H shop last time with my I-Pad to show them the different CW of some scarfs one of them even made a joke saying, that was a the latest sales /information briefing they had... lol

Lovely cw on you Scarf Addict. I had no idea you had been looking for ClF too.

Extra points for the box and the ribbon, so pretty. Have you seen any GC scarves anywhere at all yet? :search:

Was in London yesterday and as of 17:00 yesterday the following stocks are held:-

Harrods, Sloane Street, Selfridges - NO CLF and NO Galop

London Bond Street - 2 x CLF in cw12, NO Galop

London Royal Exchange - 1 x CLF in cw 12, 3 x Galop cws - I saw lots of them in the drawer as well they have:
Vert/Ocre/Vieux Rose
Prune/Framboise/Mutard
Anthracite/Gris/Etoupe

Miacillin posted pics here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/the-fall-2012-scarves-748937-145.html#post23204740

HOWEVER when I tried on Galop I was very disappointed it is not a good tie-er - it is very very plain in reality apart from the centre - all you get on the corners is rays of colour and the occasional horse. If you want a good tie-er you'd be better with Laboratoire du Temps or Parures Maharajas IMHO. The Anthracite cw is a bit of a chameleon it was very pale blue/grey and grey/pinky/beige to me and washed me out, the Prune one when tied had too much beige for my skin tone so that was no good and the Vert...I don't wear green... I am waiting to see cw02 which is the fuschia/turquoise but I think even so I will be leaving this one on the shelf as it ties so poorly. My advice would be that you MUST try before you buy this design. It would look good as art on a wall though!

I'd be interested to know from anyone in Paris what stocks are like in Paris?

Last edited:
IceScarf thank you, what did you think of the colours of them both? i hope my SA will contact them and if still there get one transfered.

My kitty is named Lady and she is actually a grand old lady of 15yrs still going strong with the help of meds.
She is indeed a lovely Lady!

I think you will like either c/w LadyJane 963. I bought one of the cw 01 and I think you would like that for sure. If you want a scarf which will go with absolutely everything in your wardrobe, i'm sure you'll love cw 12 too!
I really hope you manage to get yours soon!

Lovely cw on you Scarf Addict. I had no idea you had been looking for ClF too.

Extra points for the box and the ribbon, so pretty. Have you seen any GC scarves anywhere at all yet? :search:

Was in London yesterday and as of 17:00 yesterday the following stocks are held:-

Harrods, Sloane Street, Selfridges - NO CLF and NO Galop

London Bond Street - 2 x CLF in cw12, NO Galop

London Royal Exchange - 1 x CLF in cw 12, 3 x Galop cws - I saw lots of them in the drawer as well they have:
Vert/Ocre/Vieux Rose
Prune/Framboise/Mutard
Anthracite/Gris/Etoupe

Miacillin posted pics here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/the-fall-2012-scarves-748937-145.html#post23204740

HOWEVER when I tried on Galop I was very disappointed it is not a good tie-er - it is very very plain in reality apart from the centre - all you get on the corners is rays of colour and the occasional horse. If you want a good tie-er you'd be better with Laboratoire du Temps or Parures Maharajas IMHO. The Anthracite cw is a bit of a chameleon it was very pale blue/grey and grey/pinky/beige to me and washed me out, the Prune one when tied had too much beige for my skin tone so that was no good and the Vert...I don't wear green... I am waiting to see cw02 which is the fuschia/turquoise but I think even so I will be leaving this one on the shelf as it ties so poorly. My advice would be that you MUST try before you buy this design. It would look good as art on a wall though!

I'd be interested to know from anyone in Paris what stocks are like in Paris?

Thanks Scarf Addict,

Very interesting but also quite disappointing about the Gallop. More so that I am usually in agreement with you even though we don't share the same colouring. Sometimes I mind whether a scarf ties well, sometimes not but I had high hopes that this design would tie well 'coz there's not else in the design. I haven't decided on cw yet but I like the way the Prune(?) looks like a iridescent watch face caught in the sunlight. Still, it makes me nervous you're not raving about these so far :thinking:

Hi PT - yes I could not believe that the neutral GC didn't look so good on me, I had very high hopes for that one!! The tails looked very plain just lines of pale colour if you do a basic fold. A cowboy look would be more successful possibly. Anyway I would definitely not buy this without trying it on. I agree the prune one would look good with your colouring I think. Can you take a trip to Royal Exchange? Closed at weekends of course! I won't give up on GC completely until I see cw02!

Scarf Addict said:
Hi PT - yes I could not believe that the neutral GC didn't look so good on me, I had very high hopes for that one!! The tails looked very plain just lines of pale colour if you do a basic fold. A cowboy look would be more successful possibly. Anyway I would definitely not buy this without trying it on. I agree the prune one would look good with your colouring I think. Can you take a trip to Royal Exchange? Closed at weekends of course! I won't give up on GC completely until I see cw02!

I've been waiting for GC too but in one of the brighter cws, good to hear there is some stock at RE. I'm in town on Friday so might give them a call tomorrow and go see on Friday. Will report back.

Screen captured all the colourways of 90cm Galop Chromatique from http://lesailes.hermes.com/fr/fr/

The colour descriptions are written on the lower left corner of the pictures. HTH!

(Sorry about the quality of the pictures as it is hard to do screen captures while the scarf is moving on screen...LOL!)

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92022AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92132AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92211AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92252AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92434AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92447AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92550AM.png

ScreenShot2012-10-31at92601AM.png

Mia, I think you did a marvelous job! What a great website though, with all the sound effects and movement, to say nothing of the great artist who does those amazingly charming drawings (now animated).

I just put in orders for 2 of the "Galop Chromatique", and am eagerly awaiting CLF in the gris, anthracite, gris foncé CW. A classic I believe. Hope they come out with a GM next year...