Quota Bag Thread

I was told by two separate stores that it is 2 bags per year, so it could be 2 Kellys or 2 birkins. That means one bag every 6 months. One store told me that SO does not apply since they were placed a year ago so if I were offered a birkin from their store inventory, then I get my SO next month, I won't have to wait for 6 months to purchase the SO.

However, the Vegas store told me that the SO is counted so I couldn't purchase a B last month since my SO from the other store had arrived. Every store interprets the policy differently. This reminds me of going thru border and having immigration officers taking you different things since everyone interprets the law differently.

For what I know there is a hidden quota. If you spend over that quota you will be offer a B or K every six months not a year. However there are exceptions especially if you spend A LOT of money on house goods and clothing..over X amount..they consider these buyer VIP and will offer more B and Ks (max 4)

That's why you see some super rich lady's closet with so many B and Ks.

I'd like to know which stores are offering this. I am a very large customer and it's one kelly or birkin every six months. Which store is offering 4?

Both my SM and SA told me one b or k every six month. This is the corporate policy. But there is an exception to it. I guess we all know it.......spend more(above certain $$$) on non leather goods will grant you this exception.

Reactions: randeeh
I thought that the official quota was one B or K each 6 mo period (Jan-June and July-Dec). Then much less or much more depending on what they think of you :P ... ! And that they can't track you in other systems (US v Europe v Asia).

This. And please note the word "official" because there are exceptions for VIPs and the likes. And SOs do count, at the time of delivery/purchase, not at the time when the order is placed. HTH.

I´m in Europe and this year I´ve been offered four B´s. I bought one of them but still got offered others within a few months. I try not to worry too much about the quota or lack there of.

They're stricter on this side of the pond. Once all the computer systems are linked together, it supposedly will be a world wide phenomenon.

I'd like to know which stores are offering this. I am a very large customer and it's one kelly or birkin every six months. Which store is offering 4?

You're from Manhattan? Hermes there should offer the same for VIP. What the SM told my mom is..there is no VIP and VVIP class..only walk-in, regular, and VIP.

If you are VIP...you will know.
First you are always hush to the backroom, offer expresso or coffe or drink of any kind.
You should be working directly with SM and even if you're not, SM will come greet you every time you are there.

You never ask for anything, everything that comes in to the store you will get the first pick.

Thank you all so much for all your inputs.

There seems to be a difference in each store but I summed the info up as follows.

For walk-in, the official quota is one per year.
That is probably why FSH is saying one per year as the majority of the clientele there is tourists?

For regular, loyal, known customers, the official quota is one per season and this means one between January and June and one between July and December. That's what I was told, too.

For VIPs and big big spenders, there is an exceptin obviously and they can get as many as they want. But i am not interested in that. Those super wealthy people can afford anything and most likely they can buy from resellers, use any concierge service, be it through their centurion service or quintessentially service anyway.

I think big branches like Madisson or Bond Street have tougher regulations to follow compared to small branches or franchise one which can particularly just do whatever they want I guess.

Thanks for your input!

I don't think it matters too much here how many you have been offered as what matters here is how many you actually purchase.

In your case, if you bought your bag in June for example, you can still buy a bag in July or August within a few months after you purchase your last bag because time frame is between january and June, and July and December.

I also think things work differently if your shop is a franchise one. Does it happen to be the case for you? In which case, lucky you! :biggrin:

Anyway, congratulations on your lovely new bag!

I´m in Europe and this year I´ve been offered four B´s. I bought one of them but still got offered others within a few months. I try not to worry too much about the quota or lack there of.

Thanks for your input!

I don't think it matters too much here how many you have been offered as what matters here is how many you actually purchase.

In your case, if you bought your bag in June for example, you can still buy a bag in July or August within a few months after you purchase your last bag because time frame is between january and June, and July and December.

I also think things work differently if your shop is a franchise one. Does it happen to be the case for you? In which case, lucky you! :biggrin:

Anyway, congratulations on your lovely new bag!
Yes, but I bought a bag in January and after two weeks I was offered another birkin which would make it two bags in one month had I said yes. What I wanted to convey is that there seem to be different rules/guidelines in different parts of the world. We already know that of course.

Adding, yes, both my stores are franchises. I assume that is why they work differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: marzipanchen
Thanks for your input!

I am sure Madisson branch has to follow the strict guidance from the HQ as it is a big branch. Mine is one of the biggest in Europe if not the biggest after FSH so it is under strict guidance of the HQ I guess.

Your comment makes me feel better anyway as I was assured I'm not being treated unfairly!! ;)