Consigning with The Real Real TRR

I have bought several items from TheRealReal, and have been completely happy with the condition they were in. I try to search items listed with Tags, and having never been worn, but even the ones that were previously used, usually arrive as they describe.

I am looking everyday into their selections. I love the fact that they carry clothes and the prices seem a lot more reasonable than a lot of other consignment stores out there. Can't wait to actually make my first purchase! ~ the only problem? I feel like their inventory run out quite fast, especially if it is a popular brand. I got the email about the Louboutin sales this morning, and by the time I checked (2 hours late), everything was pretty much gone except for the extremely small or large shoes..

Thank you, Sinatra, for shopping with us. Please rest assured that our site is up and running the vast majority of the time. Unfortunately, you caught us at a bad time; a momentary technical hiccup that we quickly resolved. We are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you and other shoppers.

It’s our primary mission to completely satisfy our customers, so please let us know if you have any problems in the future and we will address the issue at once.

Thank you,

The RealReal Customer Service
Marc Viale

Last edited by a moderator:
My pleasure! If you have your eye on something I would go for it! I think they have really super deals. I bought another bag from them just this a.m. in their purse sale, it's a Prada that they also deem Excellent condition. If it's half as good as the other bag I will be thrilled! :smile: I have to stay off that site for a while now, it's trouble for the wallet :graucho:

Thanks! Sorry I took so long to respond lol, I hadn't seen there were so many responses. I think their deals are awesome too, love that site! I bought a Dior scarf this week :biggrin: I might have a problem...my wallet is suffering as well, hauahaha! How did your prada bag turn out?

I just made my first purchase from therealreal today. I used to visit their site regularly about a year ago, but stopped bc I never found anything. This thread inspired me to give them another try! I'll be expecting my new Chloe bag ("excellent" condition) next week!! SO excited!

Thanks! Sorry I took so long to respond lol, I hadn't seen there were so many responses. I think their deals are awesome too, love that site! I bought a Dior scarf this week :biggrin: I might have a problem...my wallet is suffering as well, hauahaha! How did your prada bag turn out?
Now I am the late responder!! The Prada (Napa stripes in gold and cream is lovely, it even has the authenticity cards!) I have now ordered a Dior - vintage satchel in black. Good lord I have to stop this!!! :biggrin:

This is a few weeks late now but just discovered this thread - I've bought many items on the site since May or so, and been happy with them all (Ralph Lauren collection boots, Alaia Boots, Balenciaga Boots, Ruthie Davis pumps, LV bag, Miu Miu booties, etc), although recently have read a few reviews on Yelp (they're based in Sausalito; we live in NYC but used to live in SF, across the bay from sausalito) suggesting people received fake merchandise...

I'm not saying anything is fake necessarily, but after reading those reviews I'm going to be much more careful about buying specific items (i.e. as a huge balenciaga fan, they don't have photos of various things needed to get the bags authenticated on TPF, such as of the tags inside and serial numbers, so as a buyer, there's no way to know whether it's real or fake until it arrives) - but aside from those concerns, I have had great experiences!

However, I'll primarily likely buy things that are less likely to be fakes (again, not saying anything specifically is fake, but if you look up yelp reviews, people claim to have received various fake items - and if you read therealreal's consignment terms, they don't actually seem to authenticate anything, despite the claims on the main pages that everything is authentic. Therefore, I suspect if you received a fake, they'd accept it back as a return).

Also, to note, I don't have the knowledge to authenticate any of the items I purchased (nor are they obvious fakes, and look fine to me), so they very well could be fake! But on that note, as most were purchased awhile back, I'll hope that's not the case..and in the future intend to get things authenticated on TPF after purchasing...

All said, if you have the knowledge to authenticate the items yourself, or the time to get them authenticated on TPF, its an incredible site, and the deals are often insane!

This is a few weeks late now but just discovered this thread - I've bought many items on the site since May or so, and been happy with them all (Ralph Lauren collection boots, Alaia Boots, Balenciaga Boots, Ruthie Davis pumps, LV bag, Miu Miu booties, etc), although recently have read a few reviews on Yelp (they're based in Sausalito; we live in NYC but used to live in SF, across the bay from sausalito) suggesting people received fake merchandise...

I'm not saying anything is fake necessarily, but after reading those reviews I'm going to be much more careful about buying specific items (i.e. as a huge balenciaga fan, they don't have photos of various things needed to get the bags authenticated on TPF, such as of the tags inside and serial numbers, so as a buyer, there's no way to know whether it's real or fake until it arrives) - but aside from those concerns, I have had great experiences!

However, I'll primarily likely buy things that are less likely to be fakes (again, not saying anything specifically is fake, but if you look up yelp reviews, people claim to have received various fake items - and if you read therealreal's consignment terms, they don't actually seem to authenticate anything, despite the claims on the main pages that everything is authentic. Therefore, I suspect if you received a fake, they'd accept it back as a return).

Also, to note, I don't have the knowledge to authenticate any of the items I purchased (nor are they obvious fakes, and look fine to me), so they very well could be fake! But on that note, as most were purchased awhile back, I'll hope that's not the case..and in the future intend to get things authenticated on TPF after purchasing...

All said, if you have the knowledge to authenticate the items yourself, or the time to get them authenticated on TPF, its an incredible site, and the deals are often insane!

Great information, thanks for sharing! I do agree, I am skeptical on some of the items and how authentic they really are. I should note after 4 seamless transactions, TheRealReal made their first gaff with me - they seem to have lost my recent purchase, they say they are working on contacting the warehouse to find out where it went. On the positive they haven't charged me for it! We shall see...