Urban Decay Naked foundation!

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
I'm so loving the Naked e/s palettes and when I saw that Naked foundation was coming available I picked up some on a total random whim during F&F. I didn't even get matched in person...I just used their website to guess!

And WOW! I am in LOVE with this foundation! Sheer but good coverage and a pump dispenser!:cool: My only wish is that it also contained SPF, but I just use a light moisturizer with SPF 30 underneath.

My shade is 0.5. I'm very fair, pale pink with ruddy cheeks and this shade was MADE for me! Believe me, I've been wearing foundation 30 years and I'm pretty picky :graucho:

Anyone else tried this foundation?

XXXOO PG

I haven't tried this foundation yet, but I'm dying to try it since I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. I have been waiting to use up my Laura Mercier and MAC foundations first, but you kind of made me want to run out and get it now. :lol: I am curious to read what others on this forum think of it too!

I got a sample at sephora, and I really had high hopes for this foundation, but at the end of the day it would "powder"out and stick to my dry flakes of skin. I wish I could explain that better, but I do not like this foundation. I am sticking to Estee Lauder Double Wear for now. Btw, Urban Decay Naked foundation 6.0 is a good match to NC40

I got a sample at sephora, and I really had high hopes for this foundation, but at the end of the day it would "powder"out and stick to my dry flakes of skin. I wish I could explain that better, but I do not like this foundation. I am sticking to Estee Lauder Double Wear for now. Btw, Urban Decay Naked foundation 6.0 is a good match to NC40
Do you have dry skin overall? My skin is definitely dry, so if this doesn't work for dry skin, I'll stay away from it!

Do you have dry skin overall? My skin is definitely dry, so if this doesn't work for dry skin, I'll stay away from it!

Oh no, I would definitely classify my skin as oily. I wish I could explain it better but at the end of the day, the foundation turns powdery, and not in a good way. I use primer and everything.

But I will say the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush is aaamazing. I dare say it is better than the MAC 187 that I also own. But it takes forever to dry.

I haven't tried this foundation yet, but I'm dying to try it since I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. I have been waiting to use up my Laura Mercier and MAC foundations first, but you kind of made me want to run out and get it now. :lol: I am curious to read what others on this forum think of it too!

If you don't mind, which LM foundation do you use?

I have extremely dry skin and Naked hasn't made me look cakey or anything. It's not my cup of tea (since I like sheerer foundations in general), but it's a good one to try if you can get a sample of it.

FWIW I have dry cheeks and a sometimes oily t-zone and am a HUGE fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear (almost through my 2nd bottle and I rotate between a lot of foundations).

I'd suggest trying the UD Naked just to see what you think. I use a 'wetter' creamier style of primer underneath when I wear it (Laura Mercier, Tarte clean slate Flawless or Stila).

XXXOO PG

Oh no, I would definitely classify my skin as oily. I wish I could explain it better but at the end of the day, the foundation turns powdery, and not in a good way. I use primer and everything.

But I will say the Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush is aaamazing. I dare say it is better than the MAC 187 that I also own. But it takes forever to dry.
Thanks so much! Good to know. :smile:

If you don't mind, which LM foundation do you use?

I have extremely dry skin and Naked hasn't made me look cakey or anything. It's not my cup of tea (since I like sheerer foundations in general), but it's a good one to try if you can get a sample of it.
I use the LM silk cream foundation. I actually do like it a lot- way more than my MAC one- but I get foundation happy sometimes and love to try new ones.

I use the LM silk cream foundation. I actually do like it a lot- way more than my MAC one- but I get foundation happy sometimes and love to try new ones.

See, that's the one foundation that I can't stand. It sticks to the dry patches (which honestly is my entire face) and just looks awful on me.

For me at least, Naked did not do this.

See, that's the one foundation that I can't stand. It sticks to the dry patches (which honestly is my entire face) and just looks awful on me.

For me at least, Naked did not do this.

I've had exactly the same experience as you. My very dry skin gets on really well with the UD Naked but did not look good with the LM Creme.

The UD Optical Blurring brush is excellent!