First Balenciaga Reveal!

nrea20001

Nov 30, 2011
Hi everyone! I am so excited to reveal my very first bag from Balenciaga - its a 2010 Sahara City in RGGH! I am still in shock that I was able to find this bag in this color, and in such excellent condition too! I bought her pre-loved, but that doesn't mean that I will enjoy her any less! Hahaha...I'm sharing some pictures with you all because I have some questions (as this is my first Balenciaga and all...); I know the bag is used, so I was not surprised to find some signs of minor wear. However, I did find some tearing along the seams of the bag. Is this normal for most Balenciagas, and can I take it to get repaired (maybe at my city's Balenciaga store)? Also, do you ladies have any advice for me as a first-time Balenciaga owner? Thanks a million! :smile::smile::smile:

I just hope that this purchase won't start my addiction to Balenciagas! Hahaha:graucho:

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 1,776
  • 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,749
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,707
  • 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,690
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,683
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,670
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,701
Last edited:
Detailed images of "wear/tear"...

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,599
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,619
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,638
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,635
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,585
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,570
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 1,590
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 1,574
You bought this off bonz didn't you? Congrats....it is so lovely and it was for a great price.

I don't have peeling in the areas that you do, but one of my bags has peeling at the base of the bag along the seam...not sure if that makes sense. Anyhow, I am sure the bal store can repair that for you...but not sure if how much they will charge. I don't think those areas would really bother me to be quite honest....it is really obvious without close inspection? If not I would leave it...you could probably even glue it back together yourself.

Now here is a recommendation that really comes down to personal preferance. Some choose to add protection/conditioner on their bags others don't. I personally use leather honey all over my bag...makes it extra soft (not on the handles though). Some people use apple guard to protect it from rain...I just use a leather protector spray. Your bag is light so the handles will darken easily...many people purchase lovinmybags for handles only and it will protect it from the oils and dirt from your hands. I never carry my bag with my hands so I don't use it. I don't recommend you wearing lotion on your hands and then going to carry your bag. There is lots of info on how to care for your bbag in the care and maintenance thread.

Welcome to bal...congrats on your new bbag and this is just the beginning to the bbag addiction :P

You bought this off bonz didn't you? Congrats....it is so lovely and it was for a great price.

I don't have peeling in the areas that you do, but one of my bags has peeling at the base of the bag along the seam...not sure if that makes sense. Anyhow, I am sure the bal store can repair that for you...but not sure if how much they will charge. I don't think those areas would really bother me to be quite honest....it is really obvious without close inspection? If not I would leave it...you could probably even glue it back together yourself.

Now here is a recommendation that really comes down to personal preferance. Some choose to add protection/conditioner on their bags others don't. I personally use leather honey all over my bag...makes it extra soft (not on the handles though). Some people use apple guard to protect it from rain...I just use a leather protector spray. Your bag is light so the handles will darken easily...many people purchase lovinmybags for handles only and it will protect it from the oils and dirt from your hands. I never carry my bag with my hands so I don't use it. I don't recommend you wearing lotion on your hands and then going to carry your bag. There is lots of info on how to care for your bbag in the care and maintenance thread.

Welcome to bal...congrats on your new bbag and this is just the beginning to the bbag addiction :P

Thank you so much for all of the advice! I am definitely going to purchase the leather protector spray! When I first opened the dustbag and felt how delicate/soft the leather was, I was frightened at how it damaged it could possibly get if I am not extremely careful; I'm also going to take it to the Bal store to see if they can repair the minor tearing...

Thanks again, and I definitely hope to be displaying more purchases soon! :biggrin: