Alexander Wang Love for the Prisma Tote?

hi ladies, i'm *this close* to buying the prisma tote but am concerned about the thinness of the leather. I tend to throw a lot of stuff into my bags and i'm worried that the thin handles + thin leather may not be able to support the weight of my stuff.

also the handles are very thin and my experience with thin handles is it creates more stress on the shoulders as there's lesser surface area to spread out the weight of the bag. Do you ladies find it comfortable to sling the bag when it's heavy?

All comments much appreciated. Thanks!

i'm in the same boat u are vonvonne!!!! I love the minimalist look but also concerned about the stress of weight on those super thin handles!!

I have one of these. Disappointed bc you're totally right. I bought it to carry my macair laptop (which is super light) but really don't feel like it could handle it without stretching the leather, or breaking the handles!

This is actually a cute bag...I love the look. Definitely a cute tote bag & a great AW bag to add to the collection w/ the Rocco. I love the blue! Your bag looks wonderful as well.

i LOVE this tote!!!!!!

had to search high and low but finally was able to track one of these babies down....

AZURE!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,521
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,818
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,563
Does anyone have the prisma tote in the white color? I got it today and really like it but am worried about it getting dirty super quick. Also how is the inside of the bags holding up? Do they get dirty easy?

Does anyone have the prisma tote in the white color? I got it today and really like it but am worried about it getting dirty super quick. Also how is the inside of the bags holding up? Do they get dirty easy?[/QUOTE]

i've had mine for a few months now and rotate use with my other bags and so far so good! although i wish they were lined though - i totally get what u mean about the inside not being fully lined and more at risk for getting stained, but i totally let that slide for how much i love this tote!! :biggrin:

Im been in love with the one in black denim for a while. Does anyone own it? Is it pretty in real life? I just love the details on these bags![/QUOTE]

u should get one!! :graucho: yes, i'm totally enabling! hehe it's such a classic shape but the 4 corners give just the right touch of modern accents! i love it!! so simple and chic!

She is SO pretty! Most certainly on my list of dream bags. Enjoy her! :biggrin:

thanks tess! azure prisma is my one and only tote bag and i love it! tracked this one down all the way from a retailer in Europe with the help of an awesome fellow Wangster on here since it was all sold out here in the states!

Im been in love with the one in black denim for a while. Does anyone own it? Is it pretty in real life? I just love the details on these bags![/QUOTE]

u should get one!! :graucho: yes, i'm totally enabling! hehe it's such a classic shape but the 4 corners give just the right touch of modern accents! i love it!! so simple and chic!
Hey Cee! It's me again. I need help with my AW complicated love story, Lol!
I trust your review. What's your take on the Prisma tote?
Weight, comfort, Leather, handles? All of that. Whenever you have time.
Thanks babe!!! :smile::biggrin::smile::smile::cool:

Hey Cee! It's me again. I need help with my AW complicated love story, Lol!
I trust your review. What's your take on the Prisma tote?
Weight, comfort, Leather, handles? All of that. Whenever you have time.
Thanks babe!!! :smile::biggrin::smile::smile::cool:

oh my! when will u find your perfect AW!??!??!! so are u really returning your black emile?? :sad: sorry it didn't work out for you, but hey like you said, if you're gonna spend that much on a bag.... u have to love it 100%!!!

in regards to prisma tote.....
weight - light compared to rocco and emile
comfort - very roomy and very convenient to throw all your stuff in, infact i carried mine today.. had an 8-hr exam and took prisma along to give me some comfort during those 340 questions lol
leather - i have the azure one and the leather is soft, buttery and smooshy - i love it!
handles - obviously skinny as u can see haha but actually quite sturdy - i have to admit i used to be so scared to load it up at first but so far so good.... i'm not completely over that fear yet (they're sooo skinny!) but so far i haven't read anything about the handles breaking on the prisma so crossing my fingers AW and team tested the strength out on the prototypes before they produced it.

so overall, i love mine and it's definitely in the "forever" collection. but i have to be honest and say that if you're into the more structured bags (rocco, emile), then you won't like the prisma bc the only part that keeps its shape is the base, otherwise the sides fall unless you have it stuffed with a jacket, sweater, etc. it's very practical, but bc it's not as structured, i think it's less dressy than the other bags.

hope that helped and didn't make your decision even harder!! :smile:

Attachments

• prisma1.jpg
    prisma1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,659
  • prisma2.jpg
    prisma2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,273
oh my! when will u find your perfect AW!??!??!! so are u really returning your black emile?? :sad: sorry it didn't work out for you, but hey like you said, if you're gonna spend that much on a bag.... u have to love it 100%!!!

in regards to prisma tote.....
weight - light compared to rocco and emile
comfort - very roomy and very convenient to throw all your stuff in, infact i carried mine today.. had an 8-hr exam and took prisma along to give me some comfort during those 340 questions lol
leather - i have the azure one and the leather is soft, buttery and smooshy - i love it!
handles - obviously skinny as u can see haha but actually quite sturdy - i have to admit i used to be so scared to load it up at first but so far so good.... i'm not completely over that fear yet (they're sooo skinny!) but so far i haven't read anything about the handles breaking on the prisma so crossing my fingers AW and team tested the strength out on the prototypes before they produced it.

so overall, i love mine and it's definitely in the "forever" collection. but i have to be honest and say that if you're into the more structured bags (rocco, emile), then you won't like the prisma bc the only part that keeps its shape is the base, otherwise the sides fall unless you have it stuffed with a jacket, sweater, etc. it's very practical, but bc it's not as structured, i think it's less dressy than the other bags.

hope that helped and didn't make your decision even harder!! :smile:
CEE! Thanks! You're the best!
I've tried hard to make them work but no luck for now. I just really identify with AW's style and would love a black leather medium to large sized classic bag-well, classic with a rocker twist.
The Emile is divine but I found to be very fussy. Not an easy bag to carry and access, and it is still a bit heavy for me.
I like the Prisma tote a lot so I'll have to try that one. Also looking at some Phillip Lim bags. I own a bunch of RM's and MMJ's so I'm trying for a different designer this time. Any other suggestions? I like soft, slouchy, comfortable bags for day. For night, I don't mind crazy studded and heavy as clutches maybe, but for day comfort is key as I'm always running around and need something stylish but also easy to carry.
Let me know what you think, Cee and thanks again :cool::biggrin:

I love both the toffee colour and the stunning blue! I must not have been paying a lot of attention to AW collection. I walked past a shop yesterday and saw a rather cheap bag with the metal corners which I thought is rather nice and contemplated buying it but then again, I remembered that I am saving up for quality bags and not quantity and left it in the end. I had no idea it is a ripoff of AW at that time. Okay, so I digress. This tote looks minimalistic and beautiful but I could only just admire it. The straps look rather thin and I am guilty of overloading my bags.