Question...Extra stamp on my Birkin strap???

jing bbag

O.G.
May 1, 2009
Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased my first Birkin and noticed that after the year stamp on the strap, there is an extra stamp that looks like an upside down horse shoe. I'm not sure if this is normal and what it means. Can someone enlighten this newbie. TIA :smile:

I have attached a pix of the stamp for reference.

ForumRunner_20121007_180924.png

Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased my first Birkin and noticed that after the year stamp on the strap, there is an extra stamp that looks like an upside down horse shoe. I'm not sure if this is normal and what it means. Can someone enlighten this newbie. TIA :smile:

I have attached a pix of the stamp for reference.

View attachment 1903377

I'll let the experts answer your question, but please show us your beautiful bag!! :graucho::graucho:

AnHermesHabit said:
Hi, don't worry, it is completely normal. Apart from the year stamp (P in a square for 2012), the craftsman will also stamp the strap with his personal symbol and the symbol of the workshop in which it was made.

Thank you for the information.

I just checked the strap on my new 35 Geranium Kelly and I have the same stamp! :smile:

Congrats on your new Kelly. I'm sure she looks beautiful. I really love this red. Does yours have the pink stitches? My Birkin has the pink stitch on it, it is not as contrasting but when you have it under the sun, you can tell the difference. I'm not sure if this is normal as this is my first but I really like it though, i thought it was interesting.

Congrats on your new Kelly. I'm sure she looks beautiful. I really love this red. Does yours have the pink stitches? My Birkin has the pink stitch on it, it is not as contrasting but when you have it under the sun, you can tell the difference. I'm not sure if this is normal as this is my first but I really like it though, i thought it was interesting.
I don't think my Kelly has pink stitching. It's the same color as the bag. I have a Rouge Vif HAC that has pink stitching. Love!