BDJ clutch decisions - would love opinions

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
Hi. I'm new to the YSL forum, but after drooling over another TPFr's BDJ clutch, I now have to have one. ;) I'm trying to pick a color. Specifically, I want to use it when I go to NYC for my SIL's wedding weekend. For the wedding I will be wearing a black dress and RM electric blue suede pumps. The party the night before will probably be a blue dress and either black suede or nude patent pumps.

I thought about getting black patent because it goes with everything and is beautiful, but does it blend too much with a black dress or black jacket? There's also grey, deep red (not sure it goes with blue suede pumps) or burgundy patent on the Saks website. :thinking: Has anyone seen burgundy irl?

And one last question. This is my first clutch that doesn't have a chain. Do you find it to be a pain that it has to be handheld all the time? TIA!

I also noticed some are $595 and some are $725 on Neimens site. Besides color, I don't think there are any other differences? I like all the colors, but not the $725 price tag for some newer colors.

Hi! I think the price is due to size difference.

I would go for black patent. Trust me, it will not "blend in", It will stand out beautifully! YSL makes beautiful patents and you will not regret it.

I also noticed some are $595 and some are $725 on Neimens site. Besides color, I don't think there are any other differences? I like all the colors, but not the $725 price tag for some newer colors.

hey girl!! :wave:
i think the price difference has to do with leather type.
$595 is for patent leather
$650 is for regular leather and metallic
$725 is that new "quartz" leather

the medium BDJ's are ~150 less in price

HTH!! :biggrin:

Hi. I'm new to the YSL forum, but after drooling over another TPFr's BDJ clutch, I now have to have one. ;) I'm trying to pick a color. Specifically, I want to use it when I go to NYC for my SIL's wedding weekend. For the wedding I will be wearing a black dress and RM electric blue suede pumps. The party the night before will probably be a blue dress and either black suede or nude patent pumps.

I thought about getting black patent because it goes with everything and is beautiful, but does it blend too much with a black dress or black jacket? There's also grey, deep red (not sure it goes with blue suede pumps) or burgundy patent on the Saks website. :thinking: Has anyone seen burgundy irl?

And one last question. This is my first clutch that doesn't have a chain. Do you find it to be a pain that it has to be handheld all the time? TIA!

call me biased, but i vote for the deep red!!! :biggrin: i think red and blue go great together, especially a navy blue, but if everything else is kept simple of course :P did u consider nude??? that also matches everything!

call me biased, but i vote for the deep red!!! :biggrin: i think red and blue go great together, especially a navy blue, but if everything else is kept simple of course :P did u consider nude??? that also matches everything!

I do like your deep red, but I wasn't sure it would go with a black dress and electric blue suede pumps. I thought about burgundy, but I like black too. I saw one that's cranberry, not sure if that is like burgundy or not. Ahh...the choices! :P
Have you worn your's yet? I keep wondering what it will be like to not be able to throw a bag over my shoulder.

Here is my patent blue large YSL BDJ. I think everyone has the black patent one so I opted for the blue... for that pop of color. Also, you can dress up or down with it. I think it can go with lots of colors and also with a pair of jeans. I do know that it's better to see in real life the colors of the bdj before purchasing. The color usually turns out to be a little darker than what you see online. I think I read a review about the burgundy one turning out to be a really dark shade.

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 697
That's a hard one. What shade is the blue dress?
If you go with the black suede pumps for your other outfit, you could get away with a fuchsia clutch. It will go with electric blue pumps.
I don't think that either burgundy or cranberry would work well.
Also, you could do a gunmetal metallic grey one, or gold but I don't think you're keen on those.

I got the grey from Saks and I love it, it goes with everything. I already have lots of black bags so I wanted something a bit different but still versatile.

Here is my patent blue large YSL BDJ. I think everyone has the black patent one so I opted for the blue... for that pop of color. Also, you can dress up or down with it. I think it can go with lots of colors and also with a pair of jeans. I do know that it's better to see in real life the colors of the bdj before purchasing. The color usually turns out to be a little darker than what you see online. I think I read a review about the burgundy one turning out to be a really dark shade.

Love this! Blue is one of my favorite colors.

That's a hard one. What shade is the blue dress?
If you go with the black suede pumps for your other outfit, you could get away with a fuchsia clutch. It will go with electric blue pumps.
I don't think that either burgundy or cranberry would work well.
Also, you could do a gunmetal metallic grey one, or gold but I don't think you're keen on those.

It's like this, maybe not quite as dark. Have you seen cranberry irl?

shop.nordstrom.com/S/bcbgmaxazria-ruched-v-neck-crepe-sheath-dress/3281783?origin=PredictiveSearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2300

I got the grey from Saks and I love it, it goes with everything. I already have lots of black bags so I wanted something a bit different but still versatile.

I do like the grey but wasn't sure how it would look against black. I'm really tempted to order a couple different ones just to see them irl and send back what I can't keep.

It's like this, maybe not quite as dark. Have you seen cranberry irl?

I'm really tempted to order a couple different ones just to see them irl and send back what I can't keep.

Ok I ckecked it out. Lovely shade of blue. I have not seen cranberry IRL but it seems to be a brownish shade... If you have the option of getting more than one shade and picking the one you like, just do it! :smile:
There are also purple and 'midnight' colours to consider.

So many choices :panic::lol: My problem is that there are about 4 I would love to order to get a good look. I really should only order two to pick from. I haven't seen the midnight color anywhere, but that sounds pretty too. I love the sapphire color in the link above, but not the stitching or price.