Do you remember the cute little Balenciaga cat... :(

MarieG

Platinum Member
O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
P2150005-2.jpg

Someone reported our little (inside only!) cat to the body corporate in our complex so, even though the owners do not have a problem with us having a cat, we have to get rid of him.:crybaby::sad::crybaby:

I didn't know what to do and,fortunately, my parents who are living in Germany were so kind and agreed to take him. So our little darling will be flying there in 3 weeks.

I just wanted to post a pic so we can all say good-bye to him:sad:

(sorry, am quite sad...)
CopyofP4020004.jpg

What a horrid person that thought to upset so many lives like that! I am so sorry this happened to you. Can you appeal it? Is there rule in writing in your building tht says no cats?
:sad:

^^ Our body corporate initiated a corporate meeting with the head corporates just before we moved in and said that he does not want cats in our complex so they changed the rules then and are allowing all animals but cats now:sad:

Our body corporate is quite difficult to deal with and there is nothing we can do:crybaby:

oooh so sorry to hear that marie :crybaby:
i had to lose my dog too when we mone to the apartment.
now he's staying at my bf's house...

Thanks for sharing, Seahorse:heart: I guess you know how I feel...I'm so glad your BF was able to take him. Unfortunately (in this context), my BF and I live together so he can't take him-I wish he could though.
I just don't understand why someone would report a little black cat sitting in the window to the body corporate??

That is awful. If your cat is indoor, how would they know if you actually got rid of it or not?

The owners who are really kind and supportive called us and said that they feel the same way we do about our body corporate but asked us to please get rid of him... So we don't want the owners to be sued etc... it's all really unpleasant:sad:

Oh, Marie, I am so sorry to hear about this! What an absurd rule... all animals except cats? :sad:

I'm glad you were able to find a good home for him, but I feel so bad for you.

First off, I'm very sorry this has happened to you, I know exactly how you feel and its just awful to go through. When I was renting I got a letter one day from the property management company running my building that I had to get rid of my dog and I COMPLETELY LOST IT!

But before you send your kitty away, read the Tenant Act for whatever state you live in. You may have rights you dont even realize you have. Thats what I did, and turns out they didnt have a leg to stand on. I wrote them a letter back, making them aware that I was not going to get rid of my dog, that I knew exactly what my rights were and if they decided to persue further action then I would gladly take them to the tribunal. They left me alone.

Just google your tenant act and read the section on pets closely. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised!

Marie....I'm soooooo sorry to hear about the problems with your kitty. I know how much they can become like one of the family. I just don't understand why cats are being singled out and not dogs and other animals :shocked: ....it just sounds like there should be some way to appeal this. We have 5 cats and 3 dogs residing and we just couldn't picture life without any of them. I'm glad your parents are willing to adopt.....but this sounds sooooo darn unfair. I just feel awful for you.:crybaby:

Thank you for your kind words Cheshire Cat, SpecialK and Opnjmprs!:heart:

SpecialK, I am so happy for you! I'm glad you managed to keep you dog!:yahoo:

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much we can do but I will have a close look at the Tenant Act again!:sad: Thanks for letting me know!

:crybaby:I'm so sad for you. I really hope there is something in the tenant act that can help you out. Seriously CATS! they don't make a peep, usually it's cats only. Cute cute picture it made me go awwwwwww out loud