I've Been MIA for a While . . . . But I'm Baaack!!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
And with a new bag!! :yahoo:

I've been wanting this bag for a while now -- since we saw pics of it last spring, when the Fall bags were revealed. I missed my chance of pre-ordering it from Aloha Rag, so I asked my SA at Barneys to let me know when they received them (they told me they were getting it), but then I discovered that they didn't order the leather version, only suede or pony hair. By this time, I couldn't find this bag anywhere. There had been sightings of this bag at several TJMaxx stores, but they were all too far away. I kept checking the stores close by, hoping one would show up, but I came up empty handed every time. It was torture!

Then one day, a purse fairy appeared and granted my wish! She just arrived today -- and it's a beauty! The smell alone is just intoxicating!!

Attachments

• celine 008.JPG
    celine 008.JPG
    507.7 KB · Views: 680
  • Celine Shoulder Bag 001.JPG
    Celine Shoulder Bag 001.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 802
  • Celine Shoulder Bag 009.JPG
    Celine Shoulder Bag 009.JPG
    422.4 KB · Views: 691
It's the Large Shoulder Bag in Grey! :cloud9::love:
The leather is just incredible!! I'm pretty sure it's the same leather they use for the Palmetto Luggage bags -- it's super smooth and soft, and like I already said, the smell is intoxicating!! The tag says Calfskin (both exterior & lining). I love that it has silver hardware! There's no better combination, IMO, than grey leather & silver HW!!

I took these pics outside and there was nothing inside (other than tissue), which is why the bag looks so flat and shapeless when it's standing -- but these pics show off the color and leather best (the pics above were taken inside with the flash, and once I put my things inside the bag)

Attachments

• 001a.JPG
    001a.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 651
  • 002a.JPG
    002a.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 654
Modeling pics (this is with all my stuff inside -- I love how "flat" it is!)
(please excuse my bare-feet & casual attire --lazy day at home today!:blush:)

Attachments

• IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 566
iluvmybags said:
Modeling pics (this is with all my stuff inside -- I love how "flat" it is!)
(please excuse my bare-feet & casual attire --lazy day at home today!:blush:)

Gorgeous!!! I love it on you! I also love that it's the right amount of slouch. I was afraid it could fold into itself a little too much. Looks great!

oooh....so fab! big big congrats :biggrin:
Thank You! :flowers:

welcome back! you look fabulous!!
You're so kind ~ thank you!:tender:

Gorgeous!!! I love it on you! I also love that it's the right amount of slouch. I was afraid it could fold into itself a little too much. Looks great!

It does have a nice little slouch right now, but I can't wait for the leather to soften up some more so that it slouches even more! The leather is truly TDF! I'm really impressed!
Thank you!:cutesy:

Congrats! I played with the large in black and I was so tempted to bring it home with me. Are the rivets that connect the straps strongly enforced on your bag? My SA warned me about it and that was a very disappointing for a beautifully designed bag... Apparently they had return the bags to Paris due to the rivets.

Congrats! I played with the large in black and I was so tempted to bring it home with me. Are the rivets that connect the straps strongly enforced on your bag? My SA warned me about it and that was a very disappointing for a beautifully designed bag... Apparently they had return the bags to Paris due to the rivets.
They look like they're pretty secure -- the leather is reinforced where the long "D" ring attaches to the shoulder strap. While I don't think my bag is overloaded, it does have quite a bit inside and there doesn't appear to be any unusual stress on the bag and/or shoulder strap. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though
oh my goodness it is gorgeous and looks stunning on you!!! :heart:
Thank you so much!