Found a defect on my first B-bag ): Should I keep or return?

caramelpancakes

♥
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
Hi guys, I'm at a dilemma regarding my first balenciaga bag. It's an Anthracite City with GGH that I purchased at Balenciaga.com. I love the color and the leather of the bag but the moment I opened the parcel, I noticed a strange white spot on the right side of the bag. I thought that it might be due to dry leather so I tried moisturizing it lightly with leather honey but the spot has not gone away. It doesn't seem to appear under some lightings but it is very visible under sunlight. Here are some pictures of my bag. It would be great if you could give me your opinion as to whether or not I should return it and get another from bal.com or just keep the bag as it is. If anyone knows what that white spot is and how to get rid of it, please let me know too! :smile:

bal1.jpg

Picture of the whole bag with flash

photo6_zpsccdc6f5e.jpg

Defect up close under sunlight, no flash

photo5_zps776ddfd3.jpg

Another shot of defect under sunlight

photo4_zps05f4254f.jpg

Defect under flash (can't really see it anymore).

I would not keep it. It'll annoy you no end and shouldn't be there on a brand new bag.

I think I would return also. It should be perfect. There shouldn't be a problem getting another one right?

I would return even if it's just for a piece of mind. Reorder it and make sure you tell the CSR/ SA that this one has white spots on it and to send you a newer one.

I would return it. You did not pay for a defected bag and it would just annoy you if kept.

I'll join in with the others......you need to return this one for a replacement.

This would not bother me... but if it bothers you, exchange/return it :yes:

Thanks for all your responses guys! Luckily for me, I managed to get the white spot out! I wanted to give it one last shot so I put on another layer of leather honey and started massaging that white spot with a microfiber cloth. The whitish stuff started peeling and at first I freaked out thinking that the leather was peeling off but after rubbing it more, it turns out that the entire white spot was just some glue residue. :sweatdrop: I have no idea how glue got there but I'm so glad that it all came out with leather honey conditioner.

Thanks for all your responses guys! Luckily for me, I managed to get the white spot out! I wanted to give it one last shot so I put on another layer of leather honey and started massaging that white spot with a microfiber cloth. The whitish stuff started peeling and at first I freaked out thinking that the leather was peeling off but after rubbing it more, it turns out that the entire white spot was just some glue residue. :sweatdrop: I have no idea how glue got there but I'm so glad that it all came out with leather honey conditioner.

That fantabulous news! Congrats on your new bag and enjoy it in good health.

That's fantastic news. Enjoy your new bag.