Faint logo embossment on Speedy DE!

machihazel

Crazy Speedy Lady
O.G.
Jan 31, 2010
I just purchased the Speedy 25 from the boutique and noticed this. Is this normal at all???

DSC08213_zpsa2d7167e.jpg

DSC08215_zps713b325d.jpg

I just went to the boutique for an exchange. This speedy with the faint embossment was made in June 2012 and the two with which I compared with deeper embossment were made in January 2012. Not to mention that the quality of the lock has gone downhill too - there's a significant difference in its weight, color, and glossiness. I am disappointed!

Interestingly, even the surface of the leather looks a bit different...

Indeed, they ARE different! I forgot to mention these too - the zipper pull leather is thinner and the color of its back side is lighter, slightly greyer with less of a brownish tone. The canvas has gotten thinner. The color of the canvas is slighter lighter. When holding the purse with both hands, I feel that the more recently made one is less substantial. The only thing that feels and looks unchanged is the handle.

It is sad to see the quality decelerating this fast in just half a year of time!

I had the same thing happen to me. I rushed to buy a DE speedy before the price increase. I got home to find the stamp was not done properly. It said LOUIS VUITTO and a very very lightly stamped N.

I returned it.

I had the same thing happen to me. I rushed to buy a DE speedy before the price increase. I got home to find the stamp was not done properly. It said LOUIS VUITTO and a very very lightly stamped N.

I returned it.

What?!?!! I think that's even worse than having the entire stamp being light. I am glad that you noticed it that soon!