Choosing My First Rolex

FabulousNerd

Nov 28, 2011
Hello everyone,

Please help me choose my first Rolex! My mom is getting me a Rolex for my master's graduation. I probably won't be getting a second one in a good while, so I need to make a wise choice! I tried a few today and narrowed down to the Datejust 36mm or 31mm, silver stainless with oyster bracelet, silver dial and diamond markers.

I am a plus size woman and like large watches, but I'm tentative about getting the 36mm Rolex because I think that might not be as timeless as the 31mm. The 31mm looked pretty good on me, and it's a classic and sensible watch, but not so fashionable as the 36mm. So, what should I do?

31mm. I'm a man and I find that the largest size that I want to wear is 39 mm, so I find that 36 mm on a women would look like a hockey puck. But then again we all have different opinions :smile:

Don't feel compelled to get the 36mm because other people like it. The 31mm is timeless and perfect too, and a more modern look than the 26mm classic ladies' size. Since these are such substantial watches (heavy, tall on the wrist) I found the 36mm simply too masculine on me and went with 31. Great size. :smile:

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments. I went to the store again yesterday and looked at both one more time. I like both, but think I like the 36mm better. The 36mm is more exciting, and the 31mm is more sensible. I took some pictures:

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

With such an expensive item, I don't want to make a mistake. Ahh!