AUTHENTICATE this COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that. I mentioned my other thread just for reference. I didn't actually mean to say I was skeptical about the color. I see where you did say that camel was a color used by Coach on the Rambler's Legacy. I was more concerned about the posts saying that fake bags were created with a made in USA patch prior to certain years. I wouldn't have known the years and locations that older bags were made. Thank you for the reply though! Your advice and comments are greatly appreciated.

The best thing to do is always to have someone look at each bag on an individual basis. If you're the slightest bit unsure about a Coach item, ask here. The history of every style is different. Trying to keep a bunch of generalities about dates straight only gets confusing unless you verify the information and keep an exact record of the information in your files. And even then, there's always room for mistakes especially by Coach.

The most important things are to ignore 95 percent of the Coach information you find online, and the same thing for anything you're told by Coach employees.

Please authenticate this bag for me. Thank you very much.

Item Name: Unknown
Link: NA
Dimensions: 11.5" tall X 12" wide (flat) X 5" deep, strap drop is 20" at the shortest. 5 holes in the strap
Comments: Let me know if you need additional photos or information. Vintage flea market find.

Attachments

• Drawstring Front.jpg
    Drawstring Front.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Drawstring Back.jpg
    Drawstring Back.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Drawstring Bottom.jpg
    Drawstring Bottom.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 1,210
  • Drawstring Hardware.jpg
    Drawstring Hardware.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 1,238
  • Drawstring Inside.jpg
    Drawstring Inside.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 1,247
  • Drawstring Creed.jpg
    Drawstring Creed.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 1,228

Dimensions: 8" tall X 11" wide X 3.5" deep, strap drop is 18" at the longest. Comments: Let me know if you need additional photos or information. Vintage flea market find.

Attachments

• Blue Inside.jpg
    Blue Inside.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Blue Detail.jpg
    Blue Detail.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,178
  • Blue Bottom.jpg
    Blue Bottom.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Blue Back.jpg
    Blue Back.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • Blue Front.jpg
    Blue Front.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 1,200
  • Blue Creed.jpg
    Blue Creed.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 1,174

Dimensions: 11.5" tall X 12" wide (flat) X 5" deep, strap drop is 20" at the shortest. 5 holes in the strap
Comments: Let me know if you need additional photos or information. Vintage flea market find.

Looks ok. It's called a Nicholas Drawstring from 1994.

Dimensions: 8" tall X 11" wide X 3.5" deep, strap drop is 18" at the longest. Comments: Let me know if you need additional photos or information. Vintage flea market find.

It's called a Swagger, there have been several authenticated here recently. Style 9820, from around 1990.

That bag looks fine to me. I think the lack of "is" is a legitimate Coach mistake.

I blew up the picture of this listing and it, too, is missing the word:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Signa...960?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item2575b36c90

Unfortunately, none of the listings for the same style have good creed pictures but the one I posted shows the same wording as you have.

ETA: I was able to pull up an old listing from October, 2011. Although the gallery picture isn't viewable, the pictures in the body of the description are there and that creed states that "this a Coach bag."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-8K47-...Fall-Purse-Bag-Duffle-Tote-MINT-/150659654893

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...4393,495764447&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

I have no doubt that the bag you are considering is authentic and this is an example of an error that was missed by QA.

Is it possible that it's a language barrier thing since it was made in turkey? Do they make their stamps themselves in those international plants?
I have a bag made in turkey, not the same one, but don't have it with me or I would go check the creed to see if it was missing the is!

Is it possible that it's a language barrier thing since it was made in turkey? Do they make their stamps themselves in those international plants?
I have a bag made in turkey, not the same one, but don't have it with me or I would go check the creed to see if it was missing the is!

I've seen a few other Turkey creeds from the same year, some have the mistake and some don't. Coach closed the plant right about that time. From the kinds of mistakes I've seen in creeds from non-US plants, the stamps may have been made locally and that's why quite a few of them have mistakes. But that's just a guess.

If there is a back slip pocket and a pocket under the flap, then it looks like a Pocket Purse #9755 from the early 90's, but wait for confirmation.

I ended up just buying it on eBay. It does have the back slip pocket, the pocket under the flap, and two compartments on the inside. Hopefully it's authentic! And thanks for your help. :smile: It looks like it's in pretty decent condition too (at least by my standards, though I don't own any particularly old bags).

ivifk7.jpg
2wox5dz.jpg

20nyfr.jpg
aoriae.jpg

e9dgqo.jpg

I don't have a lot of information . I am buying this from a consignment group I belong too. Sellers says authentic coach bag that is about 13 inches wide and 10 inches high. She is selling both bag and wallet for $40.. She told me the serial was Do5k-2173.

I have been searching for this bag on the internet all morning just to see it and compare it.It looks like it has two side pockets which I cannot find a purse with that anywhere. I am pretty sure it is an "optic" bag because of the design. Thank you so much if anyone can direct me the right way..

Attachments

• 422972_4576639132478_259625426_n.jpg
    422972_4576639132478_259625426_n.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,126
  • IMG957364.jpg
    IMG957364.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,154
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.