I'm heart broken! Family dog critically ill!

Mar 26, 2009
My BF's parents got a golden retriever puppy in June which was born in April. He is a great puppy. Very lively and friendly. We all bonded with him straight away. Just last week, he fell very ill. He was taken to the vet first and then to the animal hospital. They said he had lungworm and were treating him for pneumonia too. Apparently he likes to eat things in the garden and field (we were always pulling stuff out of his mouth) so we suspect he ate some snails and slugs somehow. He has been kept in the hospital since.

Last Friday, we were told he was getting better, had better appetite etc. But to be on the safe side, they were going to keep him until next Tue. We just got news that his condition deteriorated and they now think he has meningitis! I really really can't believe this. He was so lively and was growing fast and becoming very strong. How could he be so vulnerable too? I really can't understand! I am very very upset right now.

I'm so sorry. I hope there is a miracle for this cute puppy.

so sorry about the poor pup. I hope there is a miracle waiting for him.

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this. He's such an adorable pup. I really hope he gets better. Sending some hugs and love your way!

Poor baby. I hope he pulls through.

Thank you all for your kind wishes! I still haven't heard any updates on his condition. So sad...