Buy a black flap again - or a beige this time?

vickitaa92

Apr 21, 2012
Okey ladies, I have a serious dilemma. I recently sold my vintage black flap because the fact is was 25 years old and the condition wasn't that great. It was my first Chanel bag I ever bought, and it has definitely been loved (and not well taken cared of by me)

Now, I'm trying to decide if I should buy a Chanel 2.55 medium flap in beige or a black mini (the slight bigger version of mini). The selection is quite limited since I only want to buy vintage Chanel bags (due to the price and the great quality from the past).

My heart is pounding for the beige flap, but I'm quite scared about the fact that it's so hard to keep clean. I have learned my lesson from my last Chanel that I won't take it out in the rain and be more careful.

What do you think I should get ? :smile:

Medium flap in beige! Unless you get the black in m/l too! If this is your only black flap, get a bigger size. When you get vintage online, are these bags older than 10 years or more recent?

My heart is pounding for the beige flap, but I'm quite scared about the fact that it's so hard to keep clean. I have learned my lesson from my last Chanel that I won't take it out in the rain and be more careful.

What do you think I should get ? :smile:

I would buy a beige m/l flap in caviar as it is easier to maintain.

On a different note, don't you think it is fun the vintage bags to be advertised as 100% authentic? I do not mean to be unkind, but I never heard of a 99% authentic bag! :lol:

Thank you for your opinions! I have decided to go for a beige flap this time (and hopefully a black one later). My only dilemma is which one of these two I'm going to choose: a 2.55 medium flap in light beige or a mini in classic beige. Which one is your favourite?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!iwE-l5nSn(-BPweQTk(2w~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqR,!iwE-l5nSn(-BPweQTk(2w~~60_12.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 637
  • $(KGrHqZ,!q4F!-S1LdRLBQWzmM!vQ!~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqZ,!q4F!-S1LdRLBQWzmM!vQ!~~60_3.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 629
I don't like the color of the second bag, but I like the size better. It looks more grayish though. Please be sure you get them authenticated first :smile:

I know.. but the mini looks like more tan than beige to me, but it maybe looks a little different in real life. Yes, I'll definitely have them authenticated first :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you for your opinions! I have decided to go for a beige flap this time (and hopefully a black one later). My only dilemma is which one of these two I'm going to choose: a 2.55 medium flap in light beige or a mini in classic beige. Which one is your favourite?

Both bags shown here are classic flaps..mini and medium/jumbo respectively. 2.55 term is used for reissues :smile:

I vote for the mini cause it's classic beige with ghw :love: