Food New kitchen = new cookware!

Tiare

zOMG sales!
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Hi ladies and gents,

I just renovated my kitchen and want to buy all new pots and pans (the renovation took a long time, and I donated most of my old stuff.)

Any suggestions for cookware? Martha Stewart for Kohls, Target brands, Bloomingdales. I'm game for any suggestions :smile:

I never really cooked in my old kitchen and already have four cookbooks waiting to be tested out :graucho:

I swear by my Le Creuset pots (I have a tiny one and a larger one, perfect for braising) that I received as a wedding gift and as a birthday gift, respectively. I also purchased a Cuisanart[/I ]pot set from Rue la la that I love because I can place them from the stove top to the oven.

Hi ladies and gents,

I just renovated my kitchen and want to buy all new pots and pans (the renovation took a long time, and I donated most of my old stuff.)

Any suggestions for cookware? Martha Stewart for Kohls, Target brands, Bloomingdales. I'm game for any suggestions :smile:

I never really cooked in my old kitchen and already have four cookbooks waiting to be tested out :graucho:

Oh that's great you have completed with renovation, i am still engaged in it. I am planning to install cherry kitchen cabinets, have you heard about it, suggestion would be appreciated.

My fiancé actually bought me a Farberware stainless steel set, and I am going to get a few pieces to fill in the missing tools. He said not to go too crazy, as I am selling my place and shouldn't spend an insane amount of money on new cookware. I think it's a great set, with only the pans with teflon coating. It all feels substantial and was around $129 (down from $179,) on sale for a set of 15

He's probably right, but, when I see gorgeous pots and pans, I daydream that I'm Ina Garten and want to cook beautiful food in gorgeous pots and pans :P

I'll check out the Le Creuset - I still need pans for Lasagna and baking cupcakes :smile:

Adding the Cherry Le Creuset enamel set to my post-wedding wish list. How beautiful!

We have a mix in our kitchen - mostly Le Creuset, some All-Clad, and some Mauviel & Ruffoni copper.

Le Creuset is extremely durable, and wears like iron (because it is!) It is a little bit of an investment, but will last a lifetime easily.

Thats so exciting about your kitchen re-do, now its the fun part shopping for cookware!
I have the Simply Calphalon non-stick pans and I love these so much they work great! For baking cakes/cupcakes I use Williams- Sonoma baking pans and sheets they are pretty awesome! For baking dishes (casseroles, lasagna, ect.) I have a set from Giada De Laurentiis for Target and those are quite durable and really good quality.
Those are just a few suggestions hope this helps you on making some decisions! :smile:

Thats so exciting about your kitchen re-do, now its the fun part shopping for cookware!
I have the Simply Calphalon non-stick pans and I love these so much they work great! For baking cakes/cupcakes I use Williams- Sonoma baking pans and sheets they are pretty awesome! For baking dishes (casseroles, lasagna, ect.) I have a set from Giada De Laurentiis for Target and those are quite durable and really good quality.
Those are just a few suggestions hope this helps you on making some decisions! :smile:

Thanks! I picked up a few, great recipes from Skinnytaste and their spinach lasagna is so wonderful, he actually claims to prefer it to his mother's - so, a great pan for that is at the top of my list for things to invest in!

Now, I just have to summon the courage to let the initial coating "burn" off. I tried to bake something and the most awful smell filled the kitchen. I got paranoid that wood residue from the cabinet installation or something was still in there, (I took all the plastic packaging out beforehand,) that I panicked and haven't used it since.