Antigona....or..?

Jun 13, 2006
Hi everyone...never over here but I have kinda fallen for the Antigona in medium in the black grain leather...my choice was to get the Celine luggage in black but now I think this bag would be more versatile due to the shoulder strap...what do you Givenchy fans think...Is the grained goat a nice choice..? I won't be able to see it before I buy so would love your thoughts on quality and durability..!!! TIA:smile:

Hi everyone...never over here but I have kinda fallen for the Antigona in medium in the black grain leather...my choice was to get the Celine luggage in black but now I think this bag would be more versatile due to the shoulder strap...what do you Givenchy fans think...Is the grained goat a nice choice..? I won't be able to see it before I buy so would love your thoughts on quality and durability..!!! TIA:smile:

You saw my reveal so you know I love the grained goatskin. I don't buy bags that you cannot carry on your shoulder. There are too many times you needs both of your hands and you don't want to set down your bag.

You should shop at an online retailer that has a great return policy. It's tough when you don't live within driving distance to these bags. I have to drive 2 1/2 hrs each way to get to the stores that carry luxury bags. I've shopped online and returned immediately. I know if a bag is right within seconds. Some may do a free return but even if you pay to ship it back, it's basically like the cost of fuel to drive. I have done this a couple of times....I would not want to abuse this feature though.....but, sometimes it's the only way you can check out an item. That is why the retailers offer returns ;)

I think the reveal thread by hrhsunshine is a great testimony for goatskin. I've fondled Givenchy goat and it is divine.

Givenchy quality, in my humble opinion, is top notch. I have purchased 4 in total but only kept one because it was the perfect one for me and I have no complaints about quality or durability. There was one thread in which a tPFer complained about the quality of her Givenchy bag, but based on the comments from others it was clear that she may have received the very rare runt of the litter.

I don't think you'll regret your purchase. You can (hopefully) buy a Luggage later on though those price increases from Celine (and Chanel) are :censor:.

Best of luck!

I agree with everyone else - the Antigona is more functional than the Luggage tote.

I am very attracted to the Luggage, but I have to remind myself that I need two hands most of the day and it's just not practical to have a bag without a shoulder strap. Especially considering the investment!

Agree with all the above. Plus IMHO, the Antigona is an up-and-comer and the Celine Luggage has kind of had its 15 minutes of fame, KWIM? Of course Luggage is great and will remain popular for a long time to come, but the Antigona is a bit more under the radar and unique.

The quality of Givenchy leather bags in general is superb! Just amazing...Everything in this brand is beautiful..clothing, accessories and bags. Celine is wonderful as well! They are my only favorite brands these days