Thick,wavy hair advice

Hello,

I have thick wavy hair which is bra strap length which currently has layers and is frizzy and dry on the ends. I am having it cut tomorrow and don't know whether to go all one length or slightly shorter with longer length layers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As I don't really know what to have done.

i have super thick hair with some natural wave in it. having long layers works for me. mine hits down to my bra strap. around the face it's a little shorter/graduated to "frame" the face. when i get mine cut, i'll have my stylist chop off a couple inches to get rid of the split ends and then shape up the long layers.

i have super thick hair with some natural wave in it. having long layers works for me. mine hits down to my bra strap. around the face it's a little shorter/graduated to "frame" the face. when i get mine cut, i'll have my stylist chop off a couple inches to get rid of the split ends and then shape up the long layers.

Thank you for your advice. Will ask for longer layers and shaping round the face. For some reason most hairdressers cut short layers in my hair which is why I normally dislike layers. So will see how longer ones turn out tomorrow.

Mine is thick, wavy and VERY long, probably 4" past bra strap when wavy. I have long layers cut into mine to lighten it up, I also have it "thinned" about twice/year.
What styling products are you using?

Mine is thick, wavy and VERY long, probably 4" past bra strap when wavy. I have long layers cut into mine to lighten it up, I also have it "thinned" about twice/year.
What styling products are you using?

Would love to grow my hair longer. Is it harder to maintain condition? I have just purchased the Aveda brilliant pomade to scrunch into my hair. Is there any products you would recommend?

View attachment 1878399 I asked for long layers and not much taken off the length. I am really happy with the end result. I have more of a curl than I did before. What do you think? Would you grow it longer or keep it this length?

It looks lovely! I personally prefer my hair on the longer side, so i wouldn't go much shorter than where your hair is now. This way, if you like putting your hair up in ponytails, buns, etc, you have plenty of length for updos :biggrin:

It looks lovely! I personally prefer my hair on the longer side, so i wouldn't go much shorter than where your hair is now. This way, if you like putting your hair up in ponytails, buns, etc, you have plenty of length for updos :biggrin:

I do like my hair on the longer side so may try another couple of inches. It's easier to put it up etc without anything falling forward. The picture isn't showing it at it's best as most of the curl dropped because of the weather. The picture was taken about 5 hours later after being out and about in very blowy conditions.