Workplace Why did I leave it until the last minute?!

Laura88

Dec 2, 2011
I've got an exam at university tomorrow morning and I have hardly done any studying. I'm a second year student nurse and this exam is so I can progress to my third and final year. It's on anatomy and physiology
I've just put it off and put it off. At this point I am so disappointed with myself and I know i'm going to fail.
If we fail we get a second chance in a couple of months time to re-sit the exam.
I'm just so so mad at myself!
When I get home tomorrow I am going to start studying for the re-sit! If we fail a second time we get kicked off the course.
I am close to tears. I really have let myself down!

Do you really want to become a nurse? Is this something you want?

Even though it sucks to study, if nursing was something you really wanted to do, don't you think that you would have made the time.

Sorry if this comes across mean as I did not want it to, but I know for me when I put something off, it is because it is something I did not truly want or need.

Do you really want to become a nurse? Is this something you want?

Even though it sucks to study, if nursing was something you really wanted to do, don't you think that you would have made the time.

Sorry if this comes across mean as I did not want it to, but I know for me when I put something off, it is because it is something I did not truly want or need.

That's a good point. Being a nurse takes a lot of dedication.

I am in a totally opposite field, but I regret not learning more about anatomy and physiology. It's something that I think everyone needs to learn in order to take care of their own bodies.

I am reading a book now called "Ageless Body, Timeless Mind" by Dr. Chopra. It was published in 1993. It's about how your mind and habits affect your physiology via body chemistry and electricity. It's fascinating! I hang on every word. It makes me want to know more technically about how the body works. I just read a few pages a day because it's a little heavy. But it's a great motivator to want to learn more.

You might want to take a look at it. Learning is so much easier when you have burning questions in your mind and approach it as a way to solve problems.

Oh, BTW, one of the ways to keep yourself young is to learn to let go of stress. Do your best, forgive yourself, and move on to the next thing.

Well I did the exam and I don't think it went terribly. I may be lucy and scrape through.
Thanks for the comments!
I absolutely love being a student nurse and it is the best thing I have ever done. I think my problem is I put things off and procrastinate. I tell myself ''I'll do it tomorrow'' and it never happens.
This has been a huge wake up call for me and I plan on being a lot more dedicated to my studies in my final year.

I do the exact same thing...I have to repeat Economics partially because I never understood any of that class, and partially because I never properly studied for the exam. At the school I go to if you fail the exam you automatically fail the course no matter what your mark was going into the exam so it definitely sucks to know I had close to a 70 (which was horrible considering my other marks in other classes) and I must have gotten less than 65 on the exam because I failed and now have to repeat the class before I can get my diploma :sad:

i was the same way with school. for my masters i remember stalling so frequently on the thesis that it was all done last minute. pressure! i was working a full time law enforcement job at the time, but yeah, even undergrad i was like that. some people do better under pressure. or, if you hate last minute rush, just budget yourself a few days a week to do an hour or so during lunch, etc to get it done by the end of the week.

good luck on the exam.

Well I did the exam and I don't think it went terribly. I may be lucy and scrape through.
Thanks for the comments!
I absolutely love being a student nurse and it is the best thing I have ever done. I think my problem is I put things off and procrastinate. I tell myself ''I'll do it tomorrow'' and it never happens.
This has been a huge wake up call for me and I plan on being a lot more dedicated to my studies in my final year.

I hope that it well for you, and glad that you like being a nurse. I remember when I was in college the last couple of years were so hard, all of my friends in other fields were graduated, making money and I was stuck studying by myself.