Need some help please- which bag in black??

JudieH

Mar 14, 2007
Hi guys. I own a Day bag in truffle (I think). I was considering a Day in black but now I'm wondering if I should venture out into a new style- maybe the city?

Any advice? I do tend to carry a lot. Also, I prefer a bag that I can wear over the shoulder and is light weight- I love all those facts about the Day. Sometimes I do carry files and a notebook for work.

I would love to hear suggestions from all the experienced B owners. Thanks!!!!

If you carry files you might want to look into the Part Time bag. It's larger than the City but a little smaller than the Work and it has a strap. Good Luck!

A Work! If you're already used to the size of a Day and you carry a lot of stuff, then the Work is ideal. The City is too small for files, and the part-time is a little on the short side (though it is long), so if you're carrying files AND other stuff, the PT might be a tight squeeze.

I actually have the same question as the original poster. The work doesn't have a strap does it?

Who carries a book and a notebook along with their other stuff in their city. Anyone?

I am debating a city or a part time and I posted on it yesterday, but I am still confused.

To JudieH, you were looking for a black day yesterday at a good price. One just got posted on ebay this morning with a low starting bid, but I would ask for more pictures. :supacool:

Thank you guys! Please keep the suggestions coming. I will probably have to check out the bags in person in order to make the right decision, but at least I know now to compare Work and City. I will have to make a trip to the Short Hills Mall soon....

At the same time, I may wait until the fall in order to purchase it. I want to really enjoy my new Day for a while.

ltbag- I didn't see the black day on ebay. Maybe it was taken down???

Thank you guys! Please keep the suggestions coming. I will probably have to check out the bags in person in order to make the right decision, but at least I know now to compare Work and City. I will have to make a trip to the Short Hills Mall soon....

At the same time, I may wait until the fall in order to purchase it. I want to really enjoy my new Day for a while.

ltbag- I didn't see the black day on ebay. Maybe it was taken down???

auction 220098021457. I'm watching it for a friend. I already have a black day and I love it! (It's my favorite bag) :supacool:

Thanks Itbag. I found the auction. Do you mind if I "watch" it also? I would LOVE a black day at a great price. (Yeah, yeah, wouldn't we all!!).

MBL- Thanks for your feedback. That's what I'm afraid of- I need a shoulder strap but one that is comfortable. The Day is perfect and I can wear it over my winter coat. That's why I am wondering if I should just stick with a Day. But at the same time, I wonder if I should branch out....

Dilemmas, dilemmas....

Thanks Itbag. I found the auction. Do you mind if I "watch" it also? I would LOVE a black day at a great price. (Yeah, yeah, wouldn't we all!!).

MBL- Thanks for your feedback. That's what I'm afraid of- I need a shoulder strap but one that is comfortable. The Day is perfect and I can wear it over my winter coat. That's why I am wondering if I should just stick with a Day. But at the same time, I wonder if I should branch out....

Dilemmas, dilemmas....

Of course you should watch the auction! My lazy, computer illiterate friend needs some competition. :supacool:

I hope you win it. A black day is something everyone should have in my opinion. A black city too. That's why I am going to buy one soon.

If you want a true shoulder bag I say stick with the Day. Although the City does have a shoulder strap I don't find it sits on the shoulder as well as the Day. The Purse is also a great shoulder bag. If you can find one that is another great option.