Bayswater Thoughts

lovetooshop

Feb 18, 2012
Hi All

I have been in and out of my Mulberry store for a while now as i can not decide between a Bayswater and a Small Bayswater.

The SBS seems a little on the small side for me as i have to carry a lot with children and work.
The Bayswater on the other hand seems perfect but my concerns are is it heavy when full, does it sit on the shoulder nice can it be carried by hand.

I would appreciate any help and thoughts on this.

:smile:

I've just brought my first Bays and I think she is a perfect size to carry all my essentials in. They can get a bit heavy but they do fit on your shoulder with a not too bulky coat on and....they are classic and beautiful :biggrin:

I've goth both a Bays and SBS, and I love both!

I find the SBS a decent size for everyday work use, but I'm not carrying kiddy stuff about too!

The bays is obviously a brilliant size, but can get a bit heavy if full and carried over the arm. I can fit mine over my shoulder but it's a bit tight if I have a big coat on (I'm quite petite too). So I prefer to carry it over arm.

I have a Bays and absolutely love it. Mine was preloved so it probably a little slouchier than a brand new one but I find it fits on my shoulder easily.

They can be quite heavy but compared to non-designer bags I've owned previously my Bays seems very light in comparison. During the week I have all my day to day stuff as well as a lunchbox, fruit and a water bottle. During the weekend I tighten the straps on the inside and just carry my day-to-day items around. I use a bag liner within mine as well which I find really helps to keep it organised.

I've never been drawn to the SBS myself but that is just because satchels really aren't my style - I think they look a little odd on me. I do think they look great on a lot of other people though so I guess it depends on what you want from a bag really?

I love my Bayswaters! I own 5 and would like to add a couple more to the collection. I find them absolutely perfect for work. They can get heavy so if I am out and about more casually I use my darias or my east west bayswater. I find the SBS too small and like Sammiantha I cant handle satchel bags (I wear my daria satchel as a shoulder bag by doubling up the strap).
Another fabulous and light bag you might want to consider is the LV Neverfull. That will certainly hold all your kiddie stuff and be light enough as it is canvas. I love using my DE neverfull.

I have 2 I think it depends on the type of leather you get as too how heavy a bayswater is and how stiff they are, some are designed to get softer and a lovely patina on them with use (I'm thinking oak) which i dont fond overly heavy where as my flame bays is so muh stiffer and heavier too.

The oak is brand new (this weekends purchase) and already its mOre slouchy than the flame.

I haven't got a sbs so can't comment on those but Im a complete convert to bayswaters now (Ive bought roxanne alexa and tillie previously) but I'm contemplating selling them so I can get more bayswaters!

I vote bayswater but ive developed an addiction lol.....so I'd say go and try both in store and if your not sure on what you purchase when you get home you always have 28 to return and get the other one

Ahhh which other Bays are you planning to get?

I have 2 I think it depends on the type of leather you get as too how heavy a bayswater is and how stiff they are, some are designed to get softer and a lovely patina on them with use (I'm thinking oak) which i dont fond overly heavy where as my flame bays is so muh stiffer and heavier too.

The oak is brand new (this weekends purchase) and already its mOre slouchy than the flame.

I haven't got a sbs so can't comment on those but Im a complete convert to bayswaters now (Ive bought roxanne alexa and tillie previously) but I'm contemplating selling them so I can get more bayswaters!

I vote bayswater but ive developed an addiction lol.....so I'd say go and try both in store and if your not sure on what you purchase when you get home you always have 28 to return and get the other one

I'm torn between printed oak or a black one. I'd really like a patent black but know they were in a previous collection so would have to look for a pre owned one, which may mean a cheaper way to mulberry heaven but for me it kiNd of takes some of the excitement out of the purchase as I just love actually going into a mulberry shop and having a little look! My addiction is getting worse I feel....:biggrin:

I'm torn between printed oak or a black one. I'd really like a patent black but know they were in a previous collection so would have to look for a pre owned one, which may mean a cheaper way to mulberry heaven but for me it kiNd of takes some of the excitement out of the purchase as I just love actually going into a mulberry shop and having a little look! My addiction is getting worse I feel....:biggrin:

Oh both printed bags are gorgeous. I love Kim Sears' printed oak bayswater although I couldn't get along with my black printed east west as it seemed a bit formal.
choc printed is also stunning:smile:

Thank you all for your help. I think i am just going to have to visit the store again. Although on the website there is 2 different black leathers i was looking to get the one which holds its shape more not too slouchy.
Although i have been told the oak is a lovely colour.
So much choice