stalking someone to look at their handbag

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I swear handbags look best when seen IRL carried by someone (probably helps if the woman is attractive). Yesterday shopping at Costco I spotted a lovely Asian woman with a great looking Prada bag. I think it was a Gauffre in Cera - a lovely light color with gold hardware. Unfortunately she was in line waiting to pay the next line over from me so I had time to stare but not get close enough to get a better look.

This made me want one of these bags and I also had a moment of regret for selling a similar looking bag (not Prada but very close in shape and color).

Did you ever want to follow a woman and ask her about her bag or compliment her on it?

All the time ;) I'm always stalking people's bags and boots :upsidedown:

I'm a bit late with my bag addiction, in a way. Apologies for getting a bit OT here, but I'm not allowed to start a new thread yet...

I'm totally addicted to Prada cervo antik range of bags, and obviously the colours I want are now nowhere to be found... well, maybe eBay and sometimes consignment shops but... that doesn't help as I want to find them now :P Would anybody happen to know if it is possible to see e.g. the cervo antik range somewhere, I mean bags that were in the shops a few years ago/past lines? It'd be great to know what they were called so that I might have more luck in finding some :sad:

But back to the original topic, I'm always tempted to comment on bags, but afraid I'd be getting a few looks :P

I stalked (stared) a woman carrying a LV that I particularly didn't care for. She looked great rockin' that bag so I was looking at her and that bag for awhile. Now I really want that bag that I thought I didn't like. Go figure.

Last edited:
I wouldn't follow but I would probably stare and if she is close enough, I would compliment her and ask where she got the bag if I really really like it

sometimes I get compliments on my stuff and I'm actually happy
but one time there was this guy coming up to me and I thought he was gonna snatch my hat (he was asking where I got my hat from and before that a few guys stared at my hat too so I felt uneasy)

You should be able to get the info you want on the Prada subforum here.

All the time ;) I'm always stalking people's bags and boots :upsidedown:

I'm a bit late with my bag addiction, in a way. Apologies for getting a bit OT here, but I'm not allowed to start a new thread yet...

I'm totally addicted to Prada cervo antik range of bags, and obviously the colours I want are now nowhere to be found... well, maybe eBay and sometimes consignment shops but... that doesn't help as I want to find them now :P Would anybody happen to know if it is possible to see e.g. the cervo antik range somewhere, I mean bags that were in the shops a few years ago/past lines? It'd be great to know what they were called so that I might have more luck in finding some :sad:

But back to the original topic, I'm always tempted to comment on bags, but afraid I'd be getting a few looks :P

I can't help looking at bags anyway. I remember asking a lady about hers. I loved the design but had no idea what brand it was....So I simply asked her. She was very flattered, told me it was a Miu Miu....
I thing it depends on the person you are looking at...If the woman seems friendly...I just ask her....if she doesn't....I daren't of course!

I dont mind people staring hard but I had a woman follow me for THREE WHOLE BLOCKS before she approached me to ask about my bag. She wasnt dangerous or anything and I was very kind to her bc she really needed advice but it still gave me the willies that she followed me for three blocks and I wasnt aware of it.

I dont mind people staring hard but I had a woman follow me for THREE WHOLE BLOCKS before she approached me to ask about my bag. She wasnt dangerous or anything and I was very kind to her bc she really needed advice but it still gave me the willies that she followed me for three blocks and I wasnt aware of it.
Wow, that is overdoing it. If she was that determined why not just approach you on the first block?

Yes I have...she was carrying a black Bayswater in the SF J. Crew. She was very stylish and I'd never seen the Bayswater in the wild. I never bought one but it did look great. :smile: