Anna Sui handbags

MeanKat

Jun 20, 2012
Last week I orderd the Anna Sui Fleur-de-lis Duffle but after seeing the beautiful pictures that jane posted of her dragonfly Im wondering if I orderd the right bag. Sooo.....what do you guys think, fleur de lis or dragonfly? or Meh on both.

Attachments

• 021612-anna-sui-coach-340.jpg
    021612-anna-sui-coach-340.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 471
MeanKat said:
Last week I orderd the Anna Sui Fleur-de-lis Duffle but after seeing the beautiful pictures that jane posted of her dragonfly Im wondering if I orderd the right bag. Sooo.....what do you guys think, fleur de lis or dragonfly? or Meh on both.

It depends! Theyre both beautiful bags. But the Fleur-de-lis is a more bohemian in my opinion. Dragonfly is a little bohemian too but it has a much sleeker look. It depends on what appeals you more

I think the dragonfly bag is more "rock and roll". I said it elsewhere, but the leather feels like a nice black leather motorcycle jacket to me ;)

Meh on both.

Just kidding! Both are spectacular!

My personality doesn't fit either of them, but I would love to look at them all day. I have a little more of a contemporary, simple structured style, so I would lean more toward the dragonfly.

The brown one is a better color for me but reminds me of my past, so I am not drawn to it. Except as a work of ART.

Which one do you see yourself carrying?

I like the dragonfly more, I'm meh on the Fleur De Lis. It seems too western to me and the dragonfly seems more fun and young. Just my opinion though!
LOL, Im thinkingg that the Fleur-de-lis may be to young looking for me.

The thing is I can actually remember what I was doing in 1972 when the original bag came out, back then we would be wearing something called Jesus Sandals with the Fleur-de-lis. Maybe thats why I love it so much. :blush:

Meh on both.

Just kidding! Both are spectacular!

My personality doesn't fit either of them, but I would love to look at them all day. I have a little more of a contemporary, simple structured style, so I would lean more toward the dragonfly.

The brown one is a better color for me but reminds me of my past, so I am not drawn to it. Except as a work of ART.

Which one do you see yourself carrying?
Really Im not sure, I wish I could have seen them both together but the store I orderd it from didn't even know about the Anna Sui's the SA had to look it up.

I think the dragonfly bag is more "rock and roll". I said it elsewhere, but the leather feels like a nice black leather motorcycle jacket to me ;)

I am all about rock and roll. Maybe that is why I liked that one so much lol!

LOL, Im thinkingg that the Fleur-de-lis may be to young looking for me.

The thing is I can actually remember what I was doing in 1972 when the original bag came out, back then we would be wearing something called Jesus Sandals with the Fleur-de-lis. Maybe thats why I love it so much. :blush:

Ha, I guess I just shy away from the Fluer de Lis because I now live in Louisiana and it represents everything in this state, it's EVERYWHERE, not just for the Saints. I've always liked dragonflies as well - and I'm much more partial to black lol. I hope you pick one and fall in love ;)

I like looking, or should I say gazing, at them both... but, I'll be ordering the FDL. The DF is beautiful, but I just can't do brass or gold hardware unless it's on a brown bag. I wasn't thrilled about the lack of lining in the FDL, but I've grown to admire the rawness of it. I also love the pocket on the front and the overall boho/artsy vibe it has.

It depends! Theyre both beautiful bags. But the Fleur-de-lis is a more bohemian in my opinion. Dragonfly is a little bohemian too but it has a much sleeker look. It depends on what appeals you more
That's it! Iv alway been a sucker for the bohemian look, thats the reason I was drawn to this bag and the reason why Im second guessing the choice; I certainly do not have a bohemian life style.

That's it! Iv alway been a sucker for the bohemian look, thats the reason I was drawn to this bag and the reason why Im second guessing the choice; I certainly do not have a bohemian life style.

I'm with you, I've always been so in love with the 70's, bohemian vibe. (just finished gazing longingly at free people's embroidered shearling coat, lol!) I ordered the dragonfly because it was more affordable & I love the motif, but I also really love the natural leather color & rustic, authentic vibe of the fleur de lis. If I could afford both, I would get both. I think they are beautifully made bags in an iconic design that will never go out of style.