Bags with flaps

mmerchant

has Baby & LV Fever
Aug 15, 2012
I really like the Favorite, but I'm concerned about how the flap will hold up. I've read some people think it will crack eventually. I was wondering, for those of you who have any LV bags or wallets with a flap, has the flap cracked? I realize anyone who owns the Favorite probably and hopefully wouldn't have experienced this yet since they're so new still. I'm trying to decide between the Eva and Favorite (as many people are!) Overall, the Favorite is my first choice. But I'm def concerned about it wearing down from opening/closing the flap a lot.

Thanks y'all!

Hmm... good question. A wallet goes under more abuse with being squashed all the time in your bag or in a pocket. But wallets have the glazing so that's your warning if the glazing wears down...
The favorite doesn't look like it has that glazing so you don't really know if it's under a lot of stress or not. I think canvas would crack under very hot and dry climates... and of course that Artsy story with the deodorant thing...

I have a sarah wallet from like 4 years ago and its still holding up pretty well. idk about bags with flaps, i dont own any. but I love the favorite too. Id be willing to give it a try.

Hmm... good question. A wallet goes under more abuse with being squashed all the time in your bag or in a pocket. But wallets have the glazing so that's your warning if the glazing wears down...
The favorite doesn't look like it has that glazing so you don't really know if it's under a lot of stress or not. I think canvas would crack under very hot and dry climates... and of course that Artsy story with the deodorant thing...

I'm afraid I don't know the deodorant story...

Yes, flaps will crack eventually, especially if you use your bag/wallet/accessory daily and open and close it several times a day. The flap that closed my old sunglasses etui cracked after half a year, but Vuitton replaced it no questions asked.

I'm afraid I don't know the deodorant story...

Moral of story: Don't wear the Artsy or any bag that rubs up against your deodorant on your armpit. If you do, the canvas may dry out and crack. Solution for Artsy owners: wear sleeves if you want to wear the Artsy on your shoulder. Otherwise, keep that baby on your arm.

I have a boetie wallet and I feel like the canvas gets wrinkled on the flap. It's kind of like loose underneath that allows it to flex when opened. It's hard to explain.
Even if it cracks, I'm sure it will last for years before anything like that happens.

Moral of story: Don't wear the Artsy or any bag that rubs up against your deodorant on your armpit. If you do, the canvas may dry out and crack. Solution for Artsy owners: wear sleeves if you want to wear the Artsy on your shoulder. Otherwise, keep that baby on your arm.

I've heard about that. But even if the neverfull has the vachetta trimming, I'm still careful wearing it on my shoulder during summer when I'm wearing tank tops. there were times my husband asked me if anything was wrong because I kept looking at the straps if I had accidentally rubbed deodorant on it. :P I said it was fine and immediately wore a cardigan over.

Yes, flaps will crack eventually, especially if you use your bag/wallet/accessory daily and open and close it several times a day. The flap that closed my old sunglasses etui cracked after half a year, but Vuitton replaced it no questions asked.

Wow, half a year and cracking is unacceptable! If I'm going to be paying for something, I'm hoping it'll last a long time. I really love the way the Favorite looks, but I'm so skeptical! Thank goodness they were so willing to replace yours!

Wow, that's good to know. Thanks for that info. We pay so much money, so it's good to know any tips to keep them lasting longer!

I have a boetie wallet and I feel like the canvas gets wrinkled on the flap. It's kind of like loose underneath that allows it to flex when opened. It's hard to explain.
Even if it cracks, I'm sure it will last for years before anything like that happens.

That's what I'm hoping. I really prefer the Favorite over the Eva. IMO it looks nicer. But the flap is something that I'm scared about. I don't want to pay $870+ tax for something that won't last. The Eva is cheaper, and I do like the zipper, but the overall shape isn't as likeable (for me) as the Favorite. I'm thinking I'll just have to give it a try and see what happens for myself!

I think it all depends on how you use it and how well you take care of things. My pocket agenda holder is 8 yrs old and still looks new. It's been open and closed almost daily. So don't worry and go ahead and get the Favorite!

I've heard about that. But even if the neverfull has the vachetta trimming, I'm still careful wearing it on my shoulder during summer when I'm wearing tank tops. there were times my husband asked me if anything was wrong because I kept looking at the straps if I had accidentally rubbed deodorant on it. :P I said it was fine and immediately wore a cardigan over.

Maybe we should all start walking around with our arms held out a little bit (kinda like what it would look like if you were trying to 'air out' your armpits) then our husbands would think we're REALLY CRAZY :wtf: hahaha!

I think it all depends on how you use it and how well you take care of things. My pocket agenda holder is 8 yrs old and still looks new. It's been open and closed almost daily. So don't worry and go ahead and get the Favorite!

Wow, 8 years old. That is definitely reassuring! Thanks!