Guide For Coach Product Grades and Markings

I can't wait to be able to post on the authentication board and start discussions because I need some information on a few bags I have bought. Vintage :nuts::nuts:Coach can be hard to authenticate.

The authentication experts are wonderful. I wouldn't be willing to invest time, money, and effort into rehabbing vintage bags if i wasn't confident that they were genuine. Good luck!

Glad you found it useful.

In newer bags you can read the year of manufacture in the first part of the serial number, but it can be difficult or impossible to accurately date some of the vintage bags. Take a look at Hyacinth's Guide at the link below for all the info on serial numbers.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Coach-Serial-Numbers-the-Basic-Facts?ugid=10000000034886433

I'm just wondering if the letters designating what month actually correspond with the month. For example, if a bag was made in August, then the first three letters would be A0P-9999..I feel like I saw a post somewhere that stated the months were not represented like that, but I could be wrong.

I'm just wondering if the letters designating what month actually correspond with the month. For example, if a bag was made in August, then the first three letters would be A0P-9999..I feel like I saw a post somewhere that stated the months were not represented like that, but I could be wrong.

No, the months don't use the letter of the alphabet the month's name begins with. I suggest you read the Salearea Serial Number Guide mentioned in the post you're responding to. It wouldn't make much sense to use the first letter because then how do you distinguish between January, June and July?

No, the months don't use the letter of the alphabet the month's name begins with. I suggest you read the Salearea Serial Number Guide mentioned in the post you're responding to. It wouldn't make much sense to use the first letter because then how do you distinguish between January, June and July?
Can someone please email me so i can send you my COACH bag pics to have authenticated -- xxx -- thanks, jodi

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by jodisjewels
Can someone please email me so i can send you my COACH bag pics to have authenticated -- xxx- thanks, jodi

You can post your pics on the authenticate this thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-763164.html

Use the format described in the first post.

And please remember, you can't ask about bags that are already in one of your own sale listings or auctions unless you post them separately from the auction site, like at a Photobucket account.

And DON'T post your email addy in public - that can be dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator: