Will SAs from Chanel store know the purse's authenticity when you send it for repair?

sjunky13 said:
I would never ever leave the card. They could loose it and are not responsible. They do not do thier own repairs and are sent to a contracter, In fact it states that on the receipt that you sign.

If you loose it , you are out of luck and they can't give you a new one. They do not need it anyway.

Lmao good thing I left my auth card at home in its box. But she also did say to bring it if I'm traveling, which sounds like a good thing in case of anything that happens. But for future references, I'll know not to leave it in the bag. :smile:

I've brought some bags into chanel sg to repair n they don't need receipts to repair. Receipts are papers n the ink do fade. What's the use of the authenticity card if sa will repair only if we can provide receipts...receipts are extra precaution but sa should be trained to know their products.
Ciaciasg, how long have you been waiting for your repairs? Did you send more than one bag to refurbish at the same time? Thanks!:smile:

I sent it directly to the Chanel boutique in NYC.

Ciaciasg, how long have you been waiting for your repairs? Did you send more than one bag to refurbish at the same time? Thanks!:smile:

Mine was only the case of thread snapped...all within 2weeks. *cheers*

sukiyaki and Ciaciasg, are there any news on the status of your bags?
I just sent one bag to clean at Chanel and I wonder how long it will take until I see it again. :thinking:

Hi ladies!

I just have a quick question, I recently just purchased a Maxi off of ebay and had it authenticated by our lovely authenticators. I received it and immediately shipped it to the nearest boutique to have it cleaned and change the turnlock logo since there is discoloration. The SA or person in charge of sending it for repair called me and said that the bag is in great condition and verified the list of things I wanted to be done. Now my question is, will they immediately know if a purse is fake or not once they were able to check and touch it? Will they know the difference? I am not doubting our authenticators expertise though, I am just triple checking everything. I will assume if there is something wrong with its authenticity they will let me know immediately right? The purse has been with them for a week now and they told me it will take 4-6 weeks to be cleaned and repaired. I am just curiuos if these SAs have trained eyes on whats fake or authentic.

Thanks a lot for your time ladies!
I'm sorry you had to share such a horrible story. Do keep on trying to TALK with a Pay Pal representative, someone who deals with counterfeit items and maybe you can get some resolution even though time has lapsed. Also, be certain to report this seller and all known Ebay User ID's to ebay as a seller of counterfeit items. Again, talk to an ebay person don't just email. All the best.

Hi ladies!

Just to give you all an update. The SA from Chanel boutique called me and let me know that my purse is ready to be shipped and shes all cleaned. They will probably ship it tom and finally i will know the ultimate question if its.authentic. It took them almost 4 weeks which is not bad. I will do a reveal once.i receive it hopefully this weekend. I cant wait to see her! :smile: