Presenting... Gainsboro

Here are my old BV Antique Silver earrings for color comparison (with the exterior, interior, pouch).

Attachments

• DSCN1847.JPG
    DSCN1847.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCN1881.JPG
    DSCN1881.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCN1851.JPG
    DSCN1851.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCN1846.JPG
    DSCN1846.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 359
Reactions: jbags07
When I first saw your reveal (not the close-ups), it brought to mind the Tea/Rame cabat, where there was a second leather sewn on the edges of the fettuce.

Yes, that was also part of the attraction for me. I had a chance to buy a Tea/Rame Mini Cabat back then but I missed out since I sat on the decision for too long. I love anything with texture on bags. This was like Tomas saying,

"... here's something like Tea/Rame that you missed out on, in a Mini Cabat form factor and I've toned down the silver sheen of Peltro for you since it didn't go so well with your skin tone." Ha ha... I think I've gone crazy having this virtual conversations with Tomas Maier in my head. :lol:

Reactions: jbags07
Thou shall not mix silver and gold... But I'm making an exception here just to compare the mini Cabat and the Lido bag.

Let's start with the obvious... handles. The former have a fixed, tubular shaped handle while the latter have flat adjustable handles accented by brunito hardware. Overall dimensions of both bags are quite similar with the Lido edging out the mini Cabat in terms of width and the size of its base. Both bags come with an inner pouch: the standard flat zipped version for the Cabat with a metal plate that you can tie on the bag and a zipped roomier pochette for the Lido.

1856604d1346600590-bv-to-bv-size-comparisons-no-chatting-please-dscn1899.jpg

1856605d1346600590-bv-to-bv-size-comparisons-no-chatting-please-dscn1896.jpg

Ottone and Gainsboro Perlato... while both mettalics are quite muted and not so blingy.

1856626d1346600986-metallic-color-family-pics-only-dscn1895.jpg

TDL, this bag is amazing! It is a reminder of why BV is such a great brand. Who else works with materials like this? Stunning. BTW - This is every bit as versatile as a nero bag, and way cooler. Good call, IMO. Thanks for sharing!

we need a family pic!

How about a "mini" family pic instead? ;) (L-R:smile: Ebano, Noce, Ottone, Gainsboro Perlato Metal, Lilac

1856655d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1942.jpg

The many textures and leather types... Ottone in goatskin, Noce in nappa umbria, Lilac and Ebano in nappa, Gainsboro in deerskin and metal mesh

1856657d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1906.jpg

All the colors are quite neutral... quite a departure from my old rainbow!

1856658d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1952.jpg

Thanks, liquid_room, papertiger and LZP!

LZP, I couldn't agree with you more on the ingenious and creative mix of materials. It is why I love BV (apart from being under the radar & not peppered with logos).

Such a beautiful bag! Your pictures might push some people over the edge!!

Totally fabulous :yahoo:

Congratulations TDL

TDL, this bag is amazing! It is a reminder of why BV is such a great brand. Who else works with materials like this? Stunning. BTW - This is every bit as versatile as a nero bag, and way cooler. Good call, IMO. Thanks for sharing!

How about a "mini" family pic instead? ;) (L-R:smile: Ebano, Noce, Ottone, Gainsboro Perlato Metal, Lilac

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/bottega-veneta/bottega-veneta-style-reference/1856655d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1942.jpg

The many textures and leather types... Ottone in goatskin, Noce in nappa umbria, Lilac and Ebano in nappa, Gainsboro in deerskin and metal mesh

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/bottega-veneta/bottega-veneta-style-reference/1856657d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1906.jpg

All the colors are quite neutral... quite a departure from my old rainbow!

img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/bottega-veneta/bottega-veneta-style-reference/1856658d1346602623-cabat-pics-only-dscn1952.jpg

A stunning stable of neutral BV minis/mini-like bags!

Are the lilac and noce minis new additions?:thinking: Have to go back and look at your previous family photos...

It's probably comparable in weight to the Paille Nuvolato Lido bag or the Vernice. It is most definitely lighter than the Nero Micropizzo Lido and the various Nastri Lidos in Chene, Shock, Tourmaline.

Any chance you could weigh it? I am seriously in love, but our own BV personal shopper mentioned that it was very heavy. I've got the nuvalato caiman lido and the vernice and I don't consider them heavy.

Your pictures always show how beautiful BV bags are! Thanks for taking the time to show us all the details and comparisons. It is so much fun to spend time in your reveal threads!!