more tips - from the stylish and experienced HERMES ladies:starter bag

Ladysarah I really love all of your pics! I became a small bag convert over a year ago and never looked back - smaller bags are just more elegant and prevent you from carrying your entire life around all day. I especially love the colour of your KP and the way you pair it with casual outfits - you look great :yes:

glad to report back that I am getting used to the kelly 'clutch lifestyle'! Its great with jackets actually as it does not interfere with the line of the outfit like most bags do. Its also helping me with my self discipline issues. (carry less carry less carry less - repeat like a mantra!);)

Looks great, ladysarah! BTW, I tried to PM you but not sure if it went...it's not showing up in my sent items. Can you let me know if it arrived? :smile:

Looks great, ladysarah! BTW, I tried to PM you but not sure if it went...it's not showing up in my sent items. Can you let me know if it arrived? :smile:

yes THANK YOU! always so kind... you should have my private email now. I havent bought any H scarves as they are a little overwhelming on me. I love them as ART though...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,839
Love the pics! Also loved the idea of using a bracelet as a strap from another poster. Off-topic, but IMO, your jacket outfit and KP would look great with a CDC bracelet. . . A large bracelet with a small bag. With jeans for day or evening. And as another poster mentioned. . . Ballet flats!

Congrats!

yu think? I LOVE it actually, we are going to a private view tomorrow and I will be wearing jeans with my KP as a clutch. Perfect look for the London Art Exhibition season. I am posting a couple of photos I found (clutch/jeans one is a KP actually) which look rather nice, let us know what you think... and anyone with cool modelling shots please post its a great way to share ideas.

brilliant photo - thank you!

I really like those first 2 looks, like them a lot.

I really like those first 2 looks, like them a lot.

thank you! I see you are English as well? (or you live here anyway.) I think we have different taste from other parts of the world. We are more subdued and non-shiny. For example I would not use the pochette with a chain as for me it would be really hard to find the right one that's not too shiny/blingy and doesnt clash with the hermes bijouterie. I really don't like bling of any kind and always wear comfortable shoes. (though that's more because of the yoga - I am very aware of distorted feet.) I love this little bag now and use it pretty casually - it is beautifully made and an absolute joy to hold!

Attachments

• whiteshirt.jpg
    whiteshirt.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,691
  • flowery dress.jpg
    flowery dress.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 1,709
  • hotpantbbq.jpg
    hotpantbbq.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,693
more KP modelling shots... this little bag has hidden depths - and I now find it really easy to carry. - denim from uniglo, satin silk shirt is chanel and shoes are from CLARKS - naturally!;)

Attachments

• kp2.jpg
    kp2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,573
  • kpi.JPG
    kpi.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,596
Love your mod shots Ladysarah and I also love how you're using your bag and carrying her in your own style. Which is none too shabby, I might add! Gorgeous outfit with the Chanel shirt and skinny jeans.

Hi Sorry to jump in here, but just to post another idea. I never get enough use of my KPs and thought to use them as a small handbag for weekend outings with the kids when I already have a larger bag with their stuff. Here I've used an Etriviere bracelet as a strap and looped in through the KP straps at the sides. Hope that makes sense! I'm with you on getting as much use out of the KP: good luck with that!
Kellys are a favourite with me too!

Edit: a necklace can work too: I tried this with my 160 Farandole and it worked well. I'm sure another necklace would work just as well.

Thank you for the inspiration! I have a black swift Kelly elongue w/ gold HW and I realized that i could replicate your look with a beautiful faceted multistrand chain that I had on a suede bag from many years ago. The chain is not too shiny and in one complete piece so it fits under the flap perfectly and is just the right length to wear over the shoulder. It is a nice alternative for times when you want to carry the bag,but might need the shoulder option.

Thank you for the inspiration! I have a black swift Kelly elongue w/ gold HW and I realized that i could replicate your look with a beautiful faceted multistrand chain that I had on a suede bag from many years ago. The chain is not too shiny and in one complete piece so it fits under the flap perfectly and is just the right length to wear over the shoulder. It is a nice alternative for times when you want to carry the bag,but might need the shoulder option.

Great! Happy to inspire you! Do post mod shots!