CÉLINE Spring 2013

Finally owner of the bam bam sandals.. hows the sizing on these? true to size or small to size??
thanks in advance!

I have them in my true size and they are perfect, but you could try to size up or down a 1/2 size, depending on your comfort and the width of your foot. I'll be honest, because of the way they are designed, with the single band across the toe, a lot of pressure is applied to that portion of the foot. Hence, they are not the most comfortable for standing for long periods of time (especially when standing around on hot summer evenings drinking wine :drinkup:), or for taking long walks on hot days, but they look so gorgeous, I don't mind one bit! I will say though that some of my other Celine sandals are much more comfortable...

thanks so much for your help.
im a true size 10 and wanted the size 40.. but the store only has it in 41 and hence i was hesitating...
i have a feeling this will be too big.... maybe someday on evilbay!:biggrin:

I have them in my true size and they are perfect, but you could try to size up or down a 1/2 size, depending on your comfort and the width of your foot. I'll be honest, because of the way they are designed, with the single band across the toe, a lot of pressure is applied to that portion of the foot. Hence, they are not the most comfortable for standing for long periods of time (especially when standing around on hot summer evenings drinking wine :drinkup:), or for taking long walks on hot days, but they look so gorgeous, I don't mind one bit! I will say though that some of my other Celine sandals are much more comfortable...

thanks so much for your help.
im a true size 10 and wanted the size 40.. but the store only has it in 41 and hence i was hesitating...
i have a feeling this will be too big.... maybe someday on evilbay!:biggrin:

if this helps, I am an 8.5-9 (almost always a 9) and I usually take a 39 in Celine. I always try on Celine before I buy as the shoes can vary. However, I bought my bam bams in 39. I would say to try to find the 40, or hold out for spring 2013 as Cotonblanc did post photos from the showroom showing a new crop of bam bams in great new (and classic) colors

cotonblanc said:
The Bam Bams are the one with the chunky, mirrored silver open-toe heels with an ankle strap as the one I've attached here.

They have been re-imagined in a variety of leathers/heel height/straps. Introduced ever since the first collection they are an evergreen item. My absolute favourite shot of the Bam Bam in action is one shot by The Sartorialist with a lady pushing her bike wearing the sandals.

Love these! They look so classic and decently comfortable too. Maybe this spring I will consider them...

The Bam Bams are the one with the chunky, mirrored silver open-toe heels with an ankle strap as the one I've attached here.

They have been re-imagined in a variety of leathers/heel height/straps. Introduced ever since the first collection they are an evergreen item. My absolute favourite shot of the Bam Bam in action is one shot by The Sartorialist with a lady pushing her bike wearing the sandals.

Any idea how much are these BamBams? I want the lower heel too, it would be more practical, comfy & worth the price tag.

Any idea how much are these BamBams? I want the lower heel too, it would be more practical, comfy & worth the price tag.

The flat sandals were 540€ before tax deduction. Pics courtesy of DF.

Would you think that the flat sandals would be okay on a guy? Looking back at these pics, I'm pretty taken!

Attachments

• camel-sandals.jpeg
    camel-sandals.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 3,942
  • camel-heel-sandals2.jpeg
    camel-heel-sandals2.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 3,780
  • black-sandals2.jpeg
    black-sandals2.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 5,687
  • black-sandals-heel3.jpeg
    black-sandals-heel3.jpeg