Kelly Cut vs. Kelly Pochette

Cut or Pochette?

• Kelly Cut

• Kelly Pochette

Results are only viewable after voting.
It would be nice to have option to put enough things in a bag to get you through the night without making the evening bag look bulky. What's usually in your KP?

I only use my KP for dressier and special occasions so I tend to have things that I don't carry everyday in it like my digital camera, car keys, lipstick, powder ....plus housekeys, tissues and a few £ notes.

I know I won't be of any help on this topic. I love these two styles equally.:heart: I attached two pictures for your quick reference though. I do find my KC goes better with my pant suits (for a clean and chic modern look)and KPs go very nicely with my skirt suits/cocktail dresses (a more girly cute look). So perhaps you can decide which one to have first (hehe:graucho:) based on your usual dressing style? HTH.

they are all gorgeous! How could one choose? However, if I were "forced" to make a choice, I'd go with the Cut. It's such a statement piece!

darling just wanted to tell you since im also looking into this i looked at older 08 09 runway shows and have decided im going to get the pochette it looks very versatile and i think i can wear it with jeans as much as i can wear it with more formal outfits i suggets you take a look at it especially ss08 because you sort of get the idea of how the bag can be worn hope it helps darling.

Oooohh, very good idea, birkel! :tup: Thanks!!!!

I like the pochette because it can stand on its own on a table or chair should you set it down. It's wider on the bottom so you can put more stuff in. I think it's a lot cuter too. I would definitely get it over the cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hiraeth
Hi Ladies! I'm torn between getting a Kelly Cut or a Kelly Pochette. They both seem pretty functional, so am having a hard time deciding which to get since my funds only allow one purchase. Which would you ladies prefer? Thanks! :smile:

I posted a few photos here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/m...enced-hermes-ladies-starter-bag-737137-6.html as I wear mine casually with jeans and I love it! There are some interior shots as well... Before I bought it I looked at both kelly cut and proper small kellys (20) The kelly cut has an exaggerated shape and would suit very tall impeccably dressed women with perfect deportment. Anything less - and one risks looking comical. The mini kelly is beautiful - but in my view - can look a little like a toy bag. It looks its best, I think, as a true evening bag. The KP on the other hand can look really nice with jeans and casual wear. I throw it in a tote if I have to take it to work with lots to carry.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,464
Reactions: Txoceangirl
I posted a few photos here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/m...enced-hermes-ladies-starter-bag-737137-6.html as I wear mine casually with jeans and I love it! There are some interior shots as well... Before I bought it I looked at both kelly cut and proper small kellys (20) The kelly cut has an exaggerated shape and would suit very tall impeccably dressed women with perfect deportment. Anything less - and one risks looking comical. The mini kelly is beautiful - but in my view - can look a little like a toy bag. It looks its best, I think, as a true evening bag. The KP on the other hand can look really nice with jeans and casual wear. I throw it in a tote if I have to take it to work with lots to carry.

totally agree with this!!

Thanks for the reference, ladysarah! Now I'm leaning more towards the KP! I wonder if any of the lovely ladies here have any modeling shots of their KC for comparison....