I normally don't post here but...

elongreach

140 lbs lighter
O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
This has really been pondering me lately. Why do we feel the need to say 'I normally don't post in this forum' or 'I usually post in the ________ forum'? I mean this is a universal forum and we don't need to know where you normally post. Why does it matter? It's just something that has been racking my brain lately.:confused1:

I know exactly what you mean. I have noticed this lately, also. I guess some people just stick in one forum, such as Balenciaga or Chanel, and they don't really venture out from that forum, and I guess they feel the need to state that. I am not sure, but everyone is welcome everywhere, so I don't think there should be a need to state "I don't usually post here, etc."
BTW, elongreach, your new avatar pic is pretty.:smile:

I've always wondered why it is people apologize for their posts being long. If we care about the person and want to help them with their problem we're going to read the whole story.

We're not Myspace. We're not going to lose interest if the post is more than one paragraph.

Sometimes it feels like there are established members in each forum, and you want to introduce yourselves to those people.

So true! :yes:

I do not 'visit' (post) in certain handbag forums (Chanel, Hermes, Balenciaga, etc.) because I do not have the brand, and I feel like everyone on there does and knows what they are talking about and are regulars and know each other and hang out, etc. So I feel like an intruder, almost...not sure why...

But you bring an excellent point, OP. It shouldn't matter where we post and certainly, no introductory statement or apology is necessary.

The only place I've ever stated that is in the Hermes forum. The whole Hermes thing just intimidates the hell outta me! I know people in there probably think, what the hell is she doing in here? Cause I don't own any Hermes.....just feel outta my league in there and no one really ever responds to my posts anyway in there so I guess that predecates my "don't usually post in here" disclaimer...

The only place I've ever stated that is in the Hermes forum. The whole Hermes thing just intimidates the hell outta me! I know people in there probably think, what the hell is she doing in here? Cause I don't own any Hermes.....just feel outta my league in there and no one really ever responds to my posts anyway in there so I guess that predecates my "don't usually post in here" disclaimer...

:yes: :yes: :yes: Exactly! I feel the same way!

i never put any thought when i post in any forum...if i feel i want to add a thought i just do it doesn't matter ...i don't look at a post and see what forum it's in. If it catches my attention i will read it

Well, I don't normally post in threads like this, but I agree with the OP. Are people really going to treat you differently cause you didn't start your thread with that statement?

This has really been pondering me lately. Why do we feel the need to say 'I normally don't post in this forum' or 'I usually post in the ________ forum'? I mean this is a universal forum and we don't need to know where you normally post. Why does it matter? It's just something that has been racking my brain lately.:confused1:
lol...I know what you mean!!! That's too funny because the reason I clicked on to this thread is because it made me mad...I was like....'why don't you normally post here? what's wrong w/ these threads?'