"You're the fashion designer" game!

Feb 26, 2006
I thought it would be fun to do this since we're all fashion lovers in general. Imagine you're a fashion designer doing your first collection and runway show. What kinds of looks would you send down the runway? What would your show theme song be? I'll start:

My designs would be a mixture of Goth and Victorian with a little old Hollywood glamour thrown in. Think Dita Von Teese meets Bauhaus (the band) meets Bram Stoker's Dracula.

My theme song: Everyday is Halloween by Ministry.

Hoodies and jeans and flip flops! Er, wait... :P

I like a lot of just simple, classic looks in plain, solid colors, and then dressed up with cute accessories. Or some fun 80s inspired styles, but modernized and without poofy hair or hot pink eye shadow, with "Don't You Forget About Me" (Simple Minds) as my theme song. Maybe I could get Molly Ringwald to model? :roflmfao:

My designs would be classic and wearable: precise cuts, interesting patterns such as houndstooth, tweed, and variated stripes, with neutral colors partnered with bright seasonal colors. Limited use of synthetic fabrics- mostly wool and cotton. Heavy Chanel influence ;)

I thought it would be fun to do this since we're all fashion lovers in general. Imagine you're a fashion designer doing your first collection and runway show. What kinds of looks would you send down the runway? What would your show theme song be? I'll start:

My designs would be a mixture of Goth and Victorian with a little old Hollywood glamour thrown in. Think Dita Von Teese meets Bauhaus (the band) meets Bram Stoker's Dracula.

My theme song: Everyday is Halloween by Ministry.

I LOVe THAT. Sounds perfect. Especially since Halloween really is everyday at my house! LOL

I think I would send the world down the runway.

There are so many beautiful clothing styles that have been worn by billions of women for thousands of years, with lines of such beauty and elegance that they look good on women of all ages, all sizes.

This is already happening in little drips and drabs. What is the ankle-bunched skinny jean but a modern, "global" take on the ancient churidar pant?

Of course, in its original incarnation, worn under a long kameez, it looks equally good on someone five feet tall who weighs 150 - oh, and who wears flat-heeled shoes with it - an accomplishment that is beyond the intrinsic fashion capacity of the modern skinny jean.

So I would bring fashion back to what it is intended to do, which is make us all look great. Not just those of us who are six feet tall and weigh 110.

And to do that, I don't think it is necessary to re-invent the wheel, just look around us at all the wheels that have already been invented, and see how round they are, how smoothly things move when placed upon them, while their poor re-invented cousins are all lumpy, and will only serve to transport one or two things, and then only when set upon specific roads.

The world, and the history of our species in it, have developed a sumptuous smorgasbord of fashion that exists for no other reason than to make us all look beautiful.

Not to make rich men richer, not to make me or anybody else famous, just celebrate our beauty, and adorn ourselves to enhance and showcase it!

I've always loved the fashions from the '30s, '40s and '50s . . . especially the evening gowns and the couture Dior suit. I'd design a collection that's inspired by those eras.

The whole collection would be a modern twist to such classic pieces (but they wouldn't change too much).

I'd send models down the runway to music by Bond, especially from the albums Born and Classified.

(I love their music because it's this classical / rock fusion. They're not taking away from the classical pieces, they're enhancing them.)